Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door side mirrors

Hey Guys,
    The aftermarket crap mirrors that I put onto my bronco's doors after I painted them have pissed me off for the last time. They move every single time I open and close my doors and enough is enough.

I am looking for suggestions on a vaguely stock looking door side mirror that fits an EB door using one or more of the factory mounting holes, with a base large enough to cover any holes not used if that ends up being the case.

I do not really like the "dumbo ears" that are mounted to swing-out arms that the vendors sell but those may be an option if I find nothing else nicer.

Something low profile, probably chrome, and mostly era-correct/stock looking is my preference.

Any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Re: Door side mirrors

I need some side mirrors myself. hope you come up with something good.
    Jack
    73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

What kind of aftermarket crap do you got?

I was just gonna run some small aluminum rod style ones that won’t get too beat up on our Canadian trails.

Comment

I have the Scott Drake reproduction mirrors from one of the vendors. They're garbage.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

That's tough. FJ mirrors were popular for a bit. Jeep jk mirrors work but they're jeep. Dodge tow mirrors are too "BRO".

What about going through the mustang options thru the years and see if any of those fit?
          Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Tony,

I went through the same decision making process as you recently. I searched all the threads on CB. I couldn't find any acceptable (to me) options. I wound up getting the reproducion stock mirrors from WH. I had cage Dave put them on because he was doing some other work for me. Instead of using the supplied screws to screw them to the sheet metal he used machine screws and nuts to bolt them to the doors.

So far it's working fine.

Skip

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
              Tony,

I went through the same decision making process as you recently. I searched all the threads on CB. I couldn't find any acceptable (to me) options. I wound up getting the reproducion stock mirrors from WH. I had cage Dave put them on because he was doing some other work for me. Instead of using the supplied screws to screw them to the sheet metal he used machine screws and nuts to bolt them to the doors.

So far it's working fine.

Skip
              That's exactly what I have. Give them time... the problem that I have is with the ball socket that allows the mirrors to adjust. They move when I close the doors, they move in the wind when I am driving, it has gotten very old. They are mounted solidly to the door already.

I know that I am not alone in this, have spoken to other Bronco owners about this problem, the only solution seems to be finding original mirrors that are still in good shape and run them. I may keep searching for some decent old mirrors, but short of that I am looking for other options.

In the shorter term, I think I am going to put my tube doors back on for Oregon. My harley mirrors on the tube doors, are awesome.
              Last edited by CityHick; 06-26-2018, 05:38 AM.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

I am going to be in the market for some new door mirrors here pretty soon and would like to avoid this problem. Do all of the Bronco vendors sell the same Scott Drake mirrors? Or are there some better reproduction mirrors out there?

Comment

How about a bullit style mirror. Not "stock'' but paint them orange and roll. I guess with this idea you might have some Holes to fill and paint which I'm sure your trying to avoid.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

My original mirrors are starting to move now with the doors closing. I’m thinking about setting them, mixing up some JB weld, and filling the gap to make them permanently positioned.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Have you tried using a center punch around the ball to make some dimples to add a little grip?
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                        My original mirrors are starting to move now with the doors closing. I’m thinking about setting them, mixing up some JB weld, and filling the gap to make them permanently positioned.
                        I might do something like that. I don't love the idea but it is a shorter term fix.

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                        Have you tried using a center punch around the ball to make some dimples to add a little grip?
                        I may try that, thanks. Another workaround...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I did the centerpunch trick, worked great on my 69, the 67 re-pops are tight but didn’t adjust in enough, dremel did the trick
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Back when I thought I was going to keep my doors on forever, I had the idea of bolting on FJ Cruiser Mirrors.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187914
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

1980 Chevy pickup mirrors look a lot like Bronco mirrors maybe you could find some new at the dealer
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                              X