FiTech vs. Holley Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FiTech vs. Holley Sniper

I am looking for opinions on these two units from people that have or are using them? Is one any better than the other? Pros and or Cons?

Re: FiTech vs. Holley Sniper

I've been considering the Holley 2V on the '66. I have a 4V aluminum intake from a Mustang 5.0 but have been thinking of keeping the 2V cast iron intake on the original 289. Lots of stories of poor customer service from FiTech. I read there's a facebook group or something like that of FiTech owners that is actually more helpful than calling FiTech.

Comment

not running either but read some interesting negatives about the aftermarket EFI...

Look into how much replacement parts costs for each option and what kind of lead times there are. Iv'e heard of some people having to buy whole kits just to get their rigs up and running again and it wasn't a big deal because some of the components by themselves cost almost as much as the kits.
      Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

My fear is exactly what Rich stated - replacement parts for aftermarket setups can be difficult to come by; very few auto parts stores are going to carry those parts.

This being said, my father recently put a FiTech system onto one of his hot rods. He is pretty happy with it, though it was not as plug and play as advertised. He spent quite a bit of time working with their tech support folks to get it set up correctly, and it is still not exactly what he was expecting. It is better than the carb it replaced though, in terms of startup and idle quality.

Anyway... if I were to do aftermarket I'd probably do FiTech. But I would also not hesitate to do OEM Ford EFI, or even a GM TBI.
        Last edited by CityHick; 05-17-2018, 06:12 AM.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I am not running EFI but three of my buddies are running FiTech on their broncos. There can be some drivability issues at first but FiTech tech support is great about helping to solve them. Those same three buddies started out with FAST EFI and had nothing but problems and finally returned them.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            Anyway... if I were to do aftermarket I'd probably do FiTech. But I would also not hesitate to do OEM Ford EFI, or even a GM TBI.
            I went with the BC broncos adapter plate for my 351w to get the 90's 5.0 mustang EFI set up with a new harness from Summit racing. I bet I spent about the same and it works great. Just more time and effort.
            Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
              I went with the BC broncos adapter plate for my 351w to get the 90's 5.0 mustang EFI set up with a new harness from Summit racing. I bet I spent about the same and it works great. Just more time and effort.
              I did a lightning lower and explorer upper with a ton of free parts from friends and a harness from Summit. Had I made a list of parts needed ahead of time and had everything on hand at the beginning of the project, it would have easily been done in a weekend. Aside from an aging ECM I really have no concerns with running the oem stuff.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Working...
              X