CA Smog Nazis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Smog Nazis

What would a fella need to do in order to get an out of state 76 EB ready to pass CA smog. Currently is has a fresh 302 with an aluminum intake and 4 barrel carb with no smog equipment on it. Does anyone have a schematic of the smog system for a 76 EB?

Re: CA Smog Nazis

Register it in a non smog county.

Comment

Paging Doug!
      If I were in your shoes, I'd convert it to explorer EFI and get it up to late 90s standards. Then get the referee to sign off and run with it.

I believe that the recentish California assembly bill to extend the smog exemption for collector cars died on the floor.

EFI and the referee is going to be easier than tracking down the smog gear for that year.
      Last edited by CityHick; 05-09-2018, 05:48 PM.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Kempco View Post
        Register it in a non smog county.

Would still have to smog to put in your name.
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
          What would a fella need to do in order to get an out of state 76 EB ready to pass CA smog. Currently is has a fresh 302 with an aluminum intake and 4 barrel carb with no smog equipment on it. Does anyone have a schematic of the smog system for a 76 EB?

Air injection, Cat, single exhaust, enclosed air cleaner assembly, heat stove- with preheat flex hose, 2 BBl carb, choke pre-heat, appropriate vacuum controls for EGR and Distrib retard system, correct CC system with working non-vented fuel caps.... Then there is the Federal or CA state requirements and does the DSO indicate if it was sold in a High altitude configuration, which affects smog configuration?

Patrick, I sold all of Dr Bills take off smog equipment and got $800 in total for everything... If you can find it, it will be a Sellers market. Sorry to be the bearer of such good news.

Not that I would ever recommend being dishonest, or anything against the law... But I have heard of people transferring the drive train and tub to another earlier frame to get around things...
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I have a lot of it that I bought from Doug I will sell cheap.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimGo View Post

Jim
              I may just take you up on that once I can figure out what all a 76 needs. It has nothing on it right now as far as smog equipment goes. So I will need everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JimGo View Post

Jim
                I looked for my for sale thread... no luck.

Pretty sure Jim has 2V intake with Carb and EGR. It is a start.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  I may just take you up on that once I can figure out what all a 76 needs. It has nothing on it right now as far as smog equipment goes. So I will need everything.
                  Let me know if guys work out something over the weekend. My wife is going to her parents next week who live down the street from Jim while I work out of town. Don't have much room in the trunk but can take smaller stuff (intake, carb, etc).

I can bring it down to Fresno on the 22nd.
                  Last edited by NorcalKD; 05-11-2018, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorcalKD View Post
                    Let me know if guys work out something over the weekend. My wife is going to her parents next week who live down the street from Jim while I work out of town. Don't have much room in the trunk but can take smaller stuff (intake, carb, etc).

I can bring it down to Fresno on the 22nd.
                    Will do Kyle. I'm going to look at this Bronco in person this weekend, so I will have a better idea of what all I will be needing. Thank you for the offer. I appreciate it.

Comment

Remember your bargaining point starts with the fact it will not pass smog, which the Owner is responsible for...

And that 1976 smog parts are practically made of unobtanium!
                      Last edited by 904Bronco; 05-11-2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Ha ha, I will remember that quote. Was Dr. Bill's Bronco a 76?

Comment

It was a 77, But I doubt that CA Smog Referee will know the difference...

Comment

Saw this on classic, bunch of smog stuff for sale, not sure if it helps.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=287800

Comment

Working...
                            X