I need Dana 44

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need Dana 44

I have been tring to figure out which way to go about getting my d44 setup. I priced a d44 from Tom Broncos at $3200.00 which includes disc brakes, cromoly axels, arb air lockers, 4.88 gears and mile marker hubs also shipping. So its basicly just fill with oil mount and go, down fall.... Then I have no idea how it goes together. I then price the same setup purchasing all the components from various venders im already at $2800.00 and I haven't figured in the d44 axel housing. Any ideas on which way I should go to save some dough.
    Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

How big do you plan on going? If you plan on 5.5 or higher, a HP44 would be nice. Other than that a stocker is fine as well. Build your own and do it locally. Good to keep the $$ local. You will also know exactly what you have and who did it. Keep in mind that there will be shipping (truck) on that axle. I am pretty sure I have a EB hopusing for you. It is empty for all of your upgrades...let me know and I'll look for it!!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Where can I find A HP D44. I will be going 5.5 on my lift.
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
        Where can I find A HP D44. I will be going 5.5 on my lift.
        I have a HP44. It just needs 6 inches cut from the long side. My guy charges 150 bucks. It has disc brakes on it but the rotors, pads, calipers, and brake lines need replaced. I can get you wholesale prices on all those parts. 200 bucks takes the axle. Let me know...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sounds Like a deal now does the shortening of the axel come out clean and strong

Comment

The long tube is actually pulled from the housing, length cut down, then milled to correct size. The tube is then pressed into the housing and then the circumference of the tube is fully welded to the housing. For 150, the axle is hot tanked, shortened, welded on both sides and then primed. Can't beat it. The axle is actually stronger after the weld. Don't let anybody sell you an axle that was shortened at the knuckle...hope this helps.

Comment

I'll take the housing and I'll get the work done.What about the mounts for the radius arms? I'll get the components later. Good info

Chris

Comment

The people who do my work are the best I have seen. Just for thought. Off Road Enterprises. 931-1170 Ask for Bill or Wade.

The axle is yours. PM me your number so I can give you a buzz or call my shop. I am not there all the time, but I should be there most Thursday. 951-5438

This is a c-bushing axle. It will be set up for you to bolt in. The lower track bar mount might be too low for you but anything can be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X