23 gal tank comparison.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 gal tank comparison.

I am gettin ready to build my own tank out of 1/4 steel, dual pickups etc.
    So I can fire up my 357 again!

Roughly 22.5" wide, 20" long front to back, and 12" deep at the front which puts me in the 21 gallon capacity range.

How do your 23's compare to as far as measurements fall. As well how long front to back is your bottom before the angle up.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 23 gal tank comparison.

Northwest Metal Products 23 gallon tank.

Comment

Why 1/4"? It's going to be super heavy. Just do the bottom1/4" as a skid and the rest lighter

Comment

Ditto. Id do it all in 1/8" with a nice skid plate
        Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

I was just gonna get bottom bent up in 1/4"

Comment

If it did mine again I would make the top part (that's aginst the bed floor) longer to sneak a few more gallons in. That's petty much wasted space up there.
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Yeah I dropping off my air tank sliders today to be gas welded up so now comes mocking up my cardboard mockups! Yep mark I gonna try to max out the specs.

How would you mount such monster?

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about extending it up to the front a couple feet, I think it would be easy to get a extra 5 to 8 gallons there.
                Last edited by pipelayer; 06-02-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Mine mounts with "straps" of 1/4 that are welded to the bottom of the tank (1/4) and the sides (1/8"), then just bolt to the frame.
                  Mark Harris

Comment

I may incorporate that into the design, gonna have to squat my coils fully to see how much room I have left over.

Hmm what would happen if fuel filler is right above exhaust and side vents...

Comment

I try to have the exhaust come out on the other side of the fuel filler. If you are making the tank you can make the filler come out where ever, like the horn or head light or front hub

Comment

Anyone make these for sale to the rest of us mediocre welders
                        1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Comment

Well if I have a 2into1 exhaust....but l love dual exhaust! This is gonna be fun tryin to work with extended wheelbase and links...

Comment

My fuel filler is in the stake bed pocket because of the wheelbase strech, the fill neck on the tank is almost next to the bumper.
                            I really like the clear fuel filler hose I got from fuel safe, because I normally fill mine with fuel dump cans it lets me know when it full before it spills over.
                            Last edited by welndmn; 06-03-2014, 06:42 AM.
                            Mark Harris

Comment

Working...
                            X