1" lift block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1" lift block

Is anybody running a 1" lift block in the back to compensate for broken in leaf springs. My rig is sagging in the back about 3/4" and a 1" block seems like an easy fix, but I'm not a block fan. However $20 sounds a lot better than $360 for fresh leaf springs. I do have a wrap trap so I'm not worried about axle wrap. I do about 50/50 on vs offroad and I'm collecting parts to 4 link in the next 2 years so I don't want to drop money in springs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    1969 351W, Np435-NP205 5.5"FRNT 5.5"Rear 2"Body, Geared 4.10 Locked, 35" BFG's

Re: 1" lift block

to fix broken springs? No, I would fix the broken springs. To add a little hieght, yeah, no prob. Just drill a center hole and make it part of your leaf pack like a zero rate block from ORD.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
      to fix broken springs? No, I would fix the broken springs. To add a little hieght, yeah, no prob. Just drill a center hole and make it part of your leaf pack like a zero rate block from ORD.
      My springs aren't broken they are just sagging a bit in the back so my front sits higher. Not my favorite look. I like the looks of the ords. Anybody see a problem using the 6 degree wedge under those?
      1969 351W, Np435-NP205 5.5"FRNT 5.5"Rear 2"Body, Geared 4.10 Locked, 35" BFG's

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
        What he said... I ran 1" blocks for years to get a little extra altitude. No problems. Torched the blocks from 1" steel plate (nice to have a well-stocked scrap bin at work), drilled center holes, bolted them to the bottom with some longer center screws.
        1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
        I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Working...
        X