sanden in place of smog pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanden in place of smog pump

wasnt someone making brackets for this? Im considering mounting a sanden down low, and need to find those brackets

Re: sanden in place of smog pump

I believe it was BC Broncos
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

i saw BC made the brackets, but it didnt indicate where it mounted the sanden.

Comment

If you're referring to these brackets, they are for mounting a Sanden compressor in the stock Ford A/C compressor location at the front if the drivers side cylinder head. A Sanden compressor was never available from the factory on a Ford car as far as I know. The BC brackets in the picture adapt the Sanden bolt pattern to the Ford A/C pump bolt pattern.
        Attached Files
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

dang. Then does BC not make the brackets to put a sanden where the smog pump went? I could not find other brackets that looked appropriate

Comment

I don't think so. But it probably wouldn't be hard.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Im on a time line trying to get this thing done again within two weeks. I made a really dumb error and now need to redo the steering pump/york mounting I had.

Comment

One thing to consider - the smog pump was in that location as its basically a "no maintenance" piece. It's a pretty tight spot to reach and if you are planning to use the Sanden compressor for onboard air, its going to be a challenge to get to it when you need to add oil, etc. Remember the Sanden doesn't really have an oil reservoir - a passage can be plugged to sort of form a reservoir but you'll need to add oil or grease to it fairly often. Mine's up high and is not at all difficult to service.

Just a thought.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

thanks. I was reading up on that last night. I may have made my own solution which allows me to keep the york up top. Its just damn big and blocks a lot of stuff. The motor looks so much cleaner without it.

Comment

You won't regret going with the York. I still want to make room for one somehow, they outperform the Sanden and in my opinion are a better design for onboard air purposes. I settled on the Sanden as it was a better fit in my current bracketry with the 351.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Ive had one for 10 years or better. I honestly only use it to run my arbs. Rarely, and I mean rarely, have I used it for other reasons. Im usually too lazy to get the air tools out, nor do most of my breaks need air tools. Rafts, mattress, sure its nice, but frankly I don really use them much any more.

All that said, if I can remake my york mount with out it beeing too obnoxious, I will. Otherwise, I need to look at another option.

Comment

Working...
                      X