Hidden power inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden power inverter

So after installing my 23 gal rear tank, I finally got around to removing my aux tank (which I am trying to sell). So then I though, what I am gonna do the the filler neck and gas cap. I like the look of the 2 caps. So after tinkering around, here is what I came up with: put a power inverter in place of the aux gas cap. And here is what I did:
    Attached Files
    1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Re: Hidden power inverter

Its going to be funny as hell when you have that a extension cord running out of that and some moron asks you is "is that a hybrid"

Comment

That is pretty sweet, how large of an inverter is that? Just curious what kind of stuff you'll now be able to power in camp. I have wanted to install an inverter in my rig for years. I carry a small inverter that doesn't deliver a ton of power but will run a laptop, charge cameras, etc. Handy for when you have electronics that only have AC chargers.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I like it!
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I installed a Cobra 880 inverter. But used very large cables so that I could install a larger one, later on.
          1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Originally posted by TieWire View Post
            Its going to be funny as hell when you have that a extension cord running out of that and some moron asks you is "is that a hybrid"
            well said..

Comment

Thats sweet. I had one in my old scout that i could run a sawsall and drill. This is back before the good bat operated tools came out. It was pretty cool to pull out a coffee maker and brew up a pot on the hood on a cold morning.

Comment

Neat idea.
                We're here for a good time, not a long time!

Comment

So where did you put the inverter itself? everyone know space is at a premium in a 4x4. I had mine in the engine compartment but know that is not the best place because of heat.

Comment

That is really cool. way to go demesause. When I needed one it wasnt for tools, chargers, or a coffee pot. It was so my wife could use here breast pump on the road. Lucky for her it was in my F350 not my Bronco.

Comment

Working...
                    X