Fuel cell foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel cell foam

How critical is fuel cell foam in a rig with a carburetor? My foam is coming apart and I'm havin a hard time finding any the same size that is in my cell.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Re: Fuel cell foam

I took mine out last year and threw it away. I was looking for something similar that would lessen the sloshing. There was a company on Pirate that was selling plastic tubes that could be piled into a fuel cell and cut down the sloshing without taking up much space. A few people have found that old cut up oil containers are the right kind of plastic and can work. As far as foam, it's usually several small pieces. I think there were 4 or 5 pieces in my cell.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

A buddy of mine pulled his out after he found the foam falling apart and actually clogging his fuel injectors in his toyota buggy. Not a fun thing to discover while almost to Little Sluice and it would barely run.

Comment

We just bought new foam for the fuel cell in the race truck. Bought the miscellaneous pieces from Summit Racing so that we could cut them to size to fit the tank. The truck is carburated. We were having issues with the fuel filter getting clogged constantly from the old foam.
        Yes I'm a girl, NO I don't like PINK, and DAMMIT I CAN WHEEL!

Comment

This is what's hot now, no more foam.

http://www.alltechmotorsports.com/accessories.html
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Is that like the spray bottle trick, where you cut the top and bottom off the bottle and fill the tank to soften the slosh? A buddy I mine was telling me about that Saturday.
            Originally posted by welndmn View Post
            This is what's hot now, no more foam.

http://www.alltechmotorsports.com/accessories.html
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

^ that's the company I saw on Pirate. If you use other plastic containers make sure they are resistant to gasoline(ie: 1 quart diff oil bottles).
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Or figure out what material they are made of and go get a piece of pipe from Tap Plastics.

Comment

Working...
                X