351W explorer serp swap coolant lines / belt routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 351W explorer serp swap coolant lines / belt routing

Does anyone have any pics of there coolant lines and or serpentine routing on their 351W explorer serp swap? tried searching but no luck
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Re: 351W explorer serp swap coolant lines / belt routing

Originally posted by California Monkey View Post
    Does anyone have any pics of there coolant lines and or serpentine routing on their 351W explorer serp swap? tried searching but no luck
    I can snap a photo later when I get home. Mine is without AC.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

i'll take anything at this point lol. Also, pics of your heater hose routing if you can please. The only ones I have found online were with the heater bypassed.

Comment

found this one
        Attached Files

Comment

It is not clean what your question is, but here is a picture of mine, unfortunately it does not show the serpentine belt very well. It bolts right to the 351, there is only one hole that does not line up, as I recall I just drilled and taped an ear on the block and put in a washer as a spacer, but I don't think that bolt was really needed (middle bolt on passengers side). I also ran mine without the AC compressor, but you are using a york OBA right? Just use a string or one of those sewing measuring tapes to sort out the length of the belt, they can look up belts based on length so that should be easy.

I am running a reversed input/output radiator (champion CC522). The upper radiator hose is the bottom hose for a 1986 bronco II 4 cylinder 4x4, as I recall, it works real nice. My lower hose is more complicated because I decided to use the Explorer oil cooler which makes life complicated, I don't really think it was worth it but it is done now.
          Attached Files
          Build thread

Comment

the main reason for the pictures is
            A. getting the belt routing correct so the water pump turns the correct rotation
            B. Seeing how other plumb their heater core hoses both layout and which port goes where.

Does that help?

Comment

the main reason for the pictures is
              A. getting the belt routing correct so the water pump turns the correct rotation
              B. Seeing how other plumb their heater core hoses both layout and which port goes where.

Does that help?
              Outlet is on the intake manifold, return is to the water pump... Control valve is in the outlet side, before heater core. Does not matter which side of heater core is in or out...
              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

found this one
                That is the route serpentine belt is other than the AC. Mine just is routed around the PS pump. As far as the routing of my heater hoses. They both are routed along the inside of the passenger side valve cover. I'm using the WH silicone hoses and went on very nice.

Comment

http://bcbroncos.com/serpdiag.pdf
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                    That diagram shows the power steering and ac opposite of mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X