Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint...yup its time

need help in the paint department
    the guy helping me sand and primer my truck wants me to do my own research and find the paint that i like
    he just doesn't want to pick something me not like it

any suggestions?
    Diamont, Duramix, Kuston Shop and PPG seem to be the "better brands" when it comes to good, better, best.

don't need help with a painter just brand
    thanks

Re: paint...yup its time

I used PPG
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Are you looking for base/clear or single stage paint? Solvent-based or water-based? It's also going to come down to what's available in your area, as it varies based on region.

I shot DuPont Imron 5000 (single stage polyurethane) on everything but my doors. It's durable paint but it was expensive and now not available here in Alameda County. My doors were sprayed with DuPont Centari (acrylic enamel). In my opinion the enamel sprayed far easier and smoother than the Imron did - I did not have to color sand the enamel but I spent way too many hours of sanding and buffing the Imron.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

wow
        gosh city hick i don't know any of that shit yet
        my 72 camaro never got painted..just had it primered
        so this will be the first vehicle like this i pair

PPG was recommended to me already so I'm gonna do some research on them
        i have already seen the terms "water based and solvent based" i just don't know what i want or need really

i cant afford show quality but i want the paint job to last a good 10-15 years
        it will be garaged 90% of the time

Comment

Working...
        X