what power steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what power steering?

which steering box will work? f150 ? f250?

Re: what power steering?

The most popular conversions are the Nissan/Delphi box and the 4x4x2 box. You can still find stock boxes which is the most bolt-in. I've been able to get them for $250.

Comment

4x4x2 is common though when I started down that road I found that the donor boxes were not as plentiful in the junk yards as I'd been lead to believe. I've been running my stock EB PS box since 2008-09 turning 37" tires. I used to run a stock saginaw pump which worked, but not well. I moved up to the AGR "super pump" (a juiced up, reworked Saginaw pump) and I now have absolutely no problems steering in the rocks, aired down and with the front locker engaged. Night and day difference.

Just make sure that you plate your frame and keep the mounting bolts torqued nice and tight. Many a steering failure has been attributed to mounting bolts that had worked loose.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

thanks, the wrecking yard by my house has boxes for $59 but they all are from newer trucks and sit inside the frame rail. so still stuck with manual steering

Comment

Working...
        X