What headers are you running 351/3550 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What headers are you running 351/3550 combo

I have tried two different sets of headers and all have fitment issues. What are you guys running with a 351/3550/D20 combo that fit using the stock clutch stuff.

Re: What headers are you running 351/3550 combo

I have a 2" BL, Extreme motor mounts, 351W, D20, but a different tranny NP 435. I have the BC headers with no issues. Their website states they have been tested with the 3550 on the 302 & 289 but not the 351W.

Comment

Thanks, I have a 1" body lift and stock motor mounts
      Last edited by workin it; 09-26-2013, 03:22 PM. Reason: looking for clarity

Comment

I have the summit block hugger headers and it makes for a super tight fit with the frame. I went to the extreme motor mounts to gain the 1/4" of clearance. 351W with ZF5 2" body lift.
        Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

what ones did you use ??

http://www.summitracing.com/search/b...gger%20headers
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            Brian- all three of those are the same model of headers, just with different coatings. Natural will rust, Chrome will turn shades of yellow and blue, The ceramic coated headers will help keep your engine bay a little cooler by insulating the pipes.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Yep
              Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

I have the toms broncos headers and another unknown name header that both don't fit. The passenger side hits the frame at the trans cross member. The drivers side runs into the clutch linkage making it impossible to get up into place to check for fitment. I removed the clutch equalizer bar and still can't get the header into place.

Comment

So you have long tube headers?
                  It's best to swap to shorties, shorties almost always fit, long tubes crash into things when you're not stock.
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

block huggers on top, 90's truck on bottom.

Comment

I have WH shorties on my 5.8. They come close to the shock and spring mount on the pass side. Took an hour to install. Driver side was easy. If you cut out the inner fenders it isn't too bad. I have a C4 with a Cold Duck.

Comment

I'm liken those block hugges. Have you put them in a Bronco and did you have to cut or bend anything to make them work.

Comment

put them in my scout. exhaust pics on last page of build thread in gen topic

Comment

I run the block huggers on my 71 with a 351/435/Atlas. I also have the extreme motor mounts. Its tight, but they fit without any modifications.
                            WT 4x4
                            91' One Ton Bronco
                            1971 Bronco
                            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Thinking about trying the block huggers with my 351 and ZF Thoughts
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                              X