New style doors on a 67?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New style doors on a 67?

Can you put new style doors off of a 68 - 77 on a 67? If you can, what do you have to change?

Re: New style doors on a 67?

No, You would need to change striker placement and type not even worth the effort. The 66 & 67 doors have the same structure except for lock cylinder location below door handle. 66 is ~ centered between handle and body line and 67 lock cylinder is closer to door handle.

Comment

Actually not too hard to do. My '66 came with later doors installed. The striker pins on the body were just bolts and pipe sections, looked like they used one of the two existing holes from the original strikers. I went to the junkyard and got some actual striker pins with the right size and thread to replace the pipe mess and the doors work like new. I don't remember what the pins were from, but they were Ford, and had a 12 point head for a socket. JL
      '66 roadster, 200 six, GM HEI, 3.03/Jeep T150 shifter, 4.11 gears, 3" lift, 33X12.5

"I can explain it to you a hundred times, but I can't understand it for you!"

Comment

So, if I find some new style striker pins they will fit in the original holes and line up with the 68-77 latches? I like the arm rest size and door latches better than the 66-67 doors. Also there aren't as many options for the 66-67 doors. I may try to make some half doors with the 67 doors.

Comment

the striker pins are in diffrent locations.
          75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Do you need some better 66/67 doors or you just like the door cup and arm rest better
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

The doors on my son's bronco are rough and will need a lot of work. I was thinking it would be easier to find a pair of the newer style doors. My son likes them better than the 67 doors and I agree.

Comment

My '66 was a roadster originally. When I bought it 25 years ago it had the later doors already installed. I just went out and checked, and it looks like there were two threaded holes for the original striker, and a bigger hole in between. The bigger hole has a plastic plug installed, probably because it was a roadster with no doors. The striker pins I installed are in the lower holes and line up perfectly with the newer doors. I can't swear these were factory holes, but they sure look like it, especially since they have floating nut inserts so the striker can be adjusted. Not something someone just stuck on there. Let me know if a couple pics would help. JL
                '66 roadster, 200 six, GM HEI, 3.03/Jeep T150 shifter, 4.11 gears, 3" lift, 33X12.5

"I can explain it to you a hundred times, but I can't understand it for you!"

Comment

Check your PM's
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                  X