Inertia switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inertia switch?

Pulled mine from the 5.0 swap donor. Slap it (not too hard) and it has to be reset, not too good for trail running/crawling. Who is running them with thier swap? Thinking of a float or mercury switch if/when I flop/roll to cut the fuel pumps...
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

I am running one with my swap, but I haven't had a chance to get it off road yet. It will be interesting to see. In fact my fuel pumps won't energize unless the inertia switch is plugged in. I suppose it could be bypaseed, but not interested in doing that yet.

Comment

I guess I'll wire it up and try. Worries of popping up ledges and have no engine worries me a bit. Note to self: self, bring a jumper wire
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I am not running one. Off camber and high impact situations YOu really don't need it unless you plan on a major accident
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
          unless you plan on a major accident
          I drive to and from the trail for now, and never PLAN an accident we'll see...
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

They are a good idea, I had one but it did pop on me lot, but I run into a lot of things too.
            I removed mine, and just put in a Battery Kill switch (well, did not put it in, its sitting on the workbench)
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I installed one on mine. I've only had it out once since the install and it didn't cause a problem. I need to give it some more trail time before I can really tell how it's going to work
              Mark Langford
              Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers Member

91 YJ, 6.0 Vortec, T18, 4:1 D300, D60's 5.13's ARB & Detroit, R.E. SOA Leafs in front & 5.5" RE Coils w/4-link in the rear, 42" Iroks on Walker Evans Beadlocks.

Comment

Thanks Mark(s) thinking now the mounting position might help too, closer to centerline vs out at the a** end...
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

FWIW- I mounted mine on the passenger side kick panel up as high as I could.
                  Mark Langford
                  Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers Member

91 YJ, 6.0 Vortec, T18, 4:1 D300, D60's 5.13's ARB & Detroit, R.E. SOA Leafs in front & 5.5" RE Coils w/4-link in the rear, 42" Iroks on Walker Evans Beadlocks.

Comment

i do not run one on my rig.. instead i have the pump wired to a oil pressure sensor so if the engine dies the pump shuts off.. i have had my rig on its side (roll over) and the engine was running still ( still had oil pressure).. I inertia switch was designed as a safety feature for accidents.. you dont want the pump to feed gas to a possible fire...
                    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Working...
                    X