Roll cage speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll cage speakers

Everyone always wants to buy some but when they see the price, $300+, they hold off on doing it.

If I didnt find a deal on the ones I have I would have tried to make them out of 6" PVC slip cap and bolt on some tube clamps.

So If anyone wants to try it out, here's an idea for the budget friendly people.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2032183...N#.UdySI_lqmtY

http://www.avalive.com/Global-Truss/...FeZxQgodGzgAQg

http://www.amazon.com/Conductor-Spea...eaker+Terminal
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Re: Roll cage speakers

my front highs are in 2" PVC caps mounted on the front cross bar. sounded great. IIRC they were Rockford 3" 2 channels (mid/high) but the cones fit perfect in 2" PVC.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman
      Now that looks like a Bronco guy thing! Sometimes I think Bronco guys are cheaper than Toyota guys!
      I won't pay for anything I don't have to; bronco guys just aren't as lazy as jeep guys.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I got my wakeboard speakers off amizon for 40$ thinking I would at least get cans but they are plenty loud and nice quality. I will find a link if somebody cares.

Comment

anyway, WFO makes some metal cans for a more affordable price. IIRC, they were 60 bucks or something. Then you can pick whatever 6.5" speaker you like. I went with marine speakers. Ill try and get a pic of mine, but I am sure they are on their site.

Comment

I got this set up I'm impressed with the quality of sound for such a good price. Mine are the 8" but wish I got the 6.5" like these
            http://www.amazon.com/MCM-60-10021-W...tower+speakers
            Last edited by pipelayer; 07-10-2013, 05:40 AM.

Comment

I do like the idea of the WFO ones but fitment may be tough... The ones Pipelayer has look nice and that's a great price... I'll have to plan a set into my next cage...
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I did this for my 6.5" two way speakers.... Fun, albeit messy little project.
                www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8cz_5eP81U
                SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Little project! That was a lot of work for a speaker box. He got runs in his primer.

Comment

I did the way cheapass version of this using 6" PVC Pipe Caps, a short 6" dia x 2" long piece of PVC pipe glued inside, and some cheap Marine Grade Speakers from amazon. Total Cost (including speakers) less than $50.
                    For wire I used 12 gauge two conductor 24 volt irrigation valve power wire. a 50 ft roll was less than $30. As good as Monster Wire and way overkill for the setup.
                    Attached Files
                    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Bitchin dude!!!

I knew they would look good.
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X