Oil Dipstick 302 vs 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Dipstick 302 vs 351W

I was looking at the Lokar Dipsticks for my build. They do not offer a dipstick for the 351W that pushes into the block, only offer the screw into pan version. My question is this, is the dipstick on the 302 the same size as the 351W? I like the look and they sit up clost to the head and behind the header. Would work real well for what I need, not to mention I like the blue...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Lokar/625/1220031/10002/-1
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Oil Dipstick 302 vs 351W

I think you got that backwards... The link you posted says "push into block drivers side". I

I doubt anyone makes an oil pan screw-in dipstick tube because I don't think very many vehicles used that mounting method. I've seen mostly push into block or push into timing cover dipsticks.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Mines a screw into pan dipstick, Ford SVO oilpan for Fox body 351W conversion.

Comment

And I am also a Lokar dipstick.

Comment

I bought a lokar screw in one and I just welded the correct nut to the pan.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Figured out your problem... Jeg's website sucks! I looked at Summit racing and here is the dipstick for an old bronco.... Summit Racing is much easier to use and because they're in Sparks you get your mail order parts in 2 days or less!
            Last edited by Efibroncoman; 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have a 351W and my dipstick is a push in style on the drivers side. I'm just wondering if the 302 push in style is the same length as the 351W? I measured my current stock dipstick and it is 7 1/4" to the tip of the dipstick from where the tube bottoms out on the block.
              1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

did you ever get this figured out? im looking to replace my dipstick on my 94 351w
                Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

FYI I contacted the Lokar and they do not have a dipstick for my application. (slip in fit, mid engine block on driver side)
                  Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Might sound silly, but the dipstick has to go where the deep part of the pan is. "Car" pans on the smallblocks have a front sump (pre-Fox anyhow) and the dipstick goes through the timing cover. Broncos, and later cars had a middle/rear sump, and the dipstick goes into the side of the oil pan. Did a 5.0 swap (1986 H.O.) on a Mustang years ago, and used the Mustang pan. Had to drill the blank on the 5.0 timing cover so the original Mustang dipstick would work with the front sump Mustang pan.

I also ran into this on the six cylinder in my '66. The 200 I swapped had a hole on the left side of the block, but I used the original 170 pan with the dipstick on the side. I just pulled the original dipstick tube and sealed up the hole with silicone. JL
                    Last edited by polecat; 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM.
                    '66 roadster, 200 six, GM HEI, 3.03/Jeep T150 shifter, 4.11 gears, 3" lift, 33X12.5

"I can explain it to you a hundred times, but I can't understand it for you!"

Comment

Working...
                    X