Cage Off Road suspension ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage Off Road suspension ????

5.5 " lift they haven't been released yet but the 3.5 has been. Does anyone in here seen the Cage Off road suspension from Rick kits in action or have one themselves. I have been eye ballin the 5.5 kit with extend radius arms etc. Rick say he is gettin 15 1/2 inches of travel in the front and 15 1/4 in the rear, Is that worthy.
    Chris
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Well, we know that the Cage (Duff) arms are the best on the market..well for the time being anyway. They are the same arm as the Duff, as Jim Cole designed them at Duffs before his venture into Cage Off Road. THe rest of the suspension in my opinion is available anywhere. I personally like the WH front (protofab) extreme shock hoops. I like the 5.5" progressive coils from WH and BC. I have not seen any significant difference. But buy from Jim (WH)...he is local to you. The rear leafs from BC are made by Deaver Spring Co. are they are well renound for being top of the line. I have WH 13 leaf pack
    s and am totally satisfied with them. I am not easy on my rig either.

Shocks are just thrown in kits. Rear hoop is easy. Get the Cross center hoop. Everyone sells them.

So, this is what I would do.

1. Get the Duff arms from me. I can get them for you with NO shipping. I don't get a deal on them except for free shipping. Saves you 50 bucks...

2. Pick your own coils. WH will suit you perfectly.

3. Pick your Rear leafs. Deavers are really nice. Can you tell the difference between these and WH???? I dunno. Probably not. Save the shipping and get WH.

4. Pick your shocks. Stay clear from rancho 5000, Pro Comp 1-3000, etc. They will make for a rough ride. Get a Monotube like the Bilstein 5100, or the ProComp MX6. I personally would get the 5100's.

5. Brackets, brake lines, etc. from any EB dealer will work.

6. WH (protofab) front extreme hoops. Will work fine with the Duff arms. Get the rear Cross hoop from WH, BC, etc.

You this and you will get all of the 15" of travel.

Hope this helps...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Correct me if im wrong isn't Jim cole the designer behind the WH and Duff products. Im trying to stick with one vendor for each system I install for the simple reason of everything matches. Cage's lift are the same pretty much with everything that I can see and read about. The only changes are i that Cage has gone to A 8 pack for the rear leaves in stead of the 10 or 11 and the dual rear shock mount has a different setup, but the concept still seams the same, mounting the shocks in front of the axle.
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Jim Cole worked for DUff before he ventured into Cage. Jim Creel owns Wild Horses. Cole has no interest in Wild Horses and has not designed any of thier products.

I hear you about sticinkg to one vendor... I am coming from the thought that there is one or 2 great things about each system...so why not pick and choose making a great package.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

All I can comment on is the 5.5" coil springs from Cage. I've been running them for about a year now, and I like them as much as the 3.5" Duffs that I used to run. I didn't even notice a difference on the road between the two. I also like dealing with Jim Cole. He is a wealth of knowledge, and very willing to share with you. If you have any questions about the stuff, just give him a call.
          I've also attached a pic of my bronco on a ramp from this last weekend at Jerry's BBQ in San Jose. I also have a three link with TJ coils in the rear, and the front is also wristed.
          Attached Files
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

WH 5.5" off the shelf kit...
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X