Swayaway remote res shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swayaway remote res shocks?

Got an opportunity to pick up some sway aways at a decent price out here. Called WH and Nick seemed to think they'd work out real well for their 5.5" lift and the Duff arms I've got. Just looking for some more opinions from you guys.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/pts/3207428145.html

Specs from swayaway site:
    http://www.swayaway.com/ShockAbsorbers_2.php#1

Looking at this guys 14" travel shocks for the front. Don't think the 8" ones would be enough travel for the rear but I'd consider those too if you guys think they'd work.

Specs on the 14's: 35.57" ext, 21.05" compressed. 2.5" threaded body for coilovers and could install as is w/ the 5.5" rockcrawler coils I already have with the intent to put a coilover kit on sometime in the future or go ahead and "spring" for the coilover kit now from swayaway and be done with it.

Would be runnin' with the FW HP D-44 with wedges in the stock F-150 FW location, Ballistic adj coil buckets & Duff long arms with 38" tires. I've got WH hoops, F-250 shock towers, OR I can bend up something custom w/ my bender to mount them to the frame.

What do ya'll think on these? Any advice appreciated as always!
    Fungus
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: Swayaway remote res shocks?

Swayaway brand is one of the better shocks out there. I would not buy these with the intent to use them in the future because you never know if you are going to change your mind or setup.
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 08-15-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I don't have any front shock mounts on the frame I'm using for this project yet. They will mount up fine to either the WH hoops I've got (need to cut them off the current frame they're on) OR the F-250 towers I've got layin' on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
        Swayaway brand is one of the better shocks out there. I would not buy these with the intent to use them in the future because you never know if you are going to change your mind or setup.
        I see what you're sayin'! Plans have changed a few times already... After looking at them in person I think running these behemoths as "shocks only" ie; no coilovers was a stupid idea. They're BIG! That being said, I went ahead and picked up the pair of them for $550 and will order the dual rate spring kit to run them as no shit coilovers.

Comment

Working...
        X