Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone using MARCH performance brackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone using MARCH performance brackets?

Im still trying to find a serpentine saginaw pump mount bracket that I can use instead of my van bracket. I need to raise my steering pump by a few inches for steering shaft clearance.

Re: anyone using MARCH performance brackets?

By dad does. Need a measurement?
    I think he is running this set up.
    http://www.marchperf.com/styletrack_ford_sb.html

Comment

no, just hoping to find someone that has this with a saginaw style pump.

Comment

I have one of these you could try:

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/ford-5...r-bracket.html

I had to modify it and my Mustang serp bracket to make it fit. I ended up just using a van serp bracket. I don't recall if the Mustang bracket sits higher than the van bracket. They both have the AC compressor above. I will see some family from Sac this weekend so I could get it that far pretty easily. You'd have to get it from them, somewhere near 3rd and T. Let me know and I'll remember to pack it.
        Last edited by gddyap; 08-08-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I work in Palo Alto and live in Roseville if this happens.......
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I can pick up in sac this weekend. He is going to post some pics. Thanks Sean. Unless its easier for him this way.....
            Last edited by plug ugly; 08-08-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Front view:

Mustang bracket with PSC adapter installed.

Back view:

You can see how much machining I had to do to make the adapter fit the bracket. I also had to machine the bracket to fit the Sag pump with a remote reservoir. I forget the application for the reservoir. I think the biggest issue was finding the right pulley which is why I gave up on using the adapter and went with the van bracket. Maybe the van pulley would work. I didn't bother to try. There are a couple spacers zip tied on for the Sag pump body. The bolts they provided could be a little longer too. I can't remember if there's anything else missing to use the Mustang bracket. I think there is another bracket that bolts to the waterpump. Do you have a 302 or 351?
              Anyway, if you want to try it, let me know. I work/live in Mtn View so can meet in Palo Alto pretty easily to get the parts to FFMDX. I've been thinking of trying the Firehouse Grill in EPA to see if their waitresses are as hot as the one in Sunnyvale. I don't drink so the brewery part is lost on me.

Comment

Here's a picture from WH's website showing the Mustang bracket. It's on the page for Lars' custom bracket.
                http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product...Steering_Pumps
                You can see where it is in relation to the engine to get an idea if it gets you the clearance you need. You can also kind of see what other brackets are required. I think there are different brackets to mount it higher up where the AC compressor is if the Mustang did not have AC.

Here is what Lars' bracket from WH looks like. It's essentially the Mustang bracket and PSC bracket combined. He might be able to chime in with how much clearance you get.

Comment

If its easier. I work for PAFD on the Stanford Campus. I will be there tomorrow and sat.
                  '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I also have an extra pump bracket to block piece. I run the Lars bracket as well

Comment

If ican try it that would be great. I've got a 351 but am going to use A/c eliminator bracket with a remote res pump. If its easy to get to sea that's great. If not I can pick up in sac.

Comment

What time do you leave work? I"ll be going to Arastradero to go mtn biking today after work (~530pm).

edit:
                        Just realized you said PAFD. I can see if I can stop by today at lunch or after work. Where is the station?
                        Last edited by gddyap; 08-09-2012, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Sent you a PM gddyap...
                          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Going to attempt to drop off the parts at the fire station after work today.

Comment

Working...
                              X