Tranny Tech ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Tech ?

Ok not Bronco Tech, But tow rig tech. By the end of the month going to get a new Tranny for my truck. 1995 Ford F250 Diesel 7.3 E40D tranny. I want to get some good cooling on this thing going to a bigger pan and cooler wondering what you guy think of these pans

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...r-p-33232.html

http://www.mag-hytec.com/store/index...09ac1935fb9abb

Any thoughts on a good bigger cooler

Or even anyt other upgrades I could/do

Thanks
    Brian
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 05-13-2012, 08:56 AM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Re: Tranny Tech ?

If your keeping your truck..and thinking about modding it I hope your looking at a BTS, last trans you will ever buy or JW trans..

Deeper pans are a waste of $, just use a 4r SD trans pan with the drain plug. Drop it every 30k miles new filter and add 8qts fluid thats all thats needed.

Cooler use Tru-Cool MAX transmission cooler mounted behind and on the front bumper, run into the rad cooler first then this one....

# LPD47391 Tru-Cool 40,000 GVW rating, 45,000 BTU rating
    8 1/2 x 22 3/4 x 1 1/4 with 3/8 inverter flare (fittings are included for thread to hose barbs)
    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

I have the magtec pan, been on for most of my 132K miles, I service the trans every 25K, definately go with a new/bigger cooler... And install a trans temp gauge

I do not know anything about the Trannies in a box...
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

What they said and a 6.0 tranny cooler i think 20 or 25 row. Keeps my bts tranny i got off cary under 150* all day. I use the stock pan on the e4od no reason to change it once you get a decent cooler.
        Last edited by bent70; 05-13-2012, 12:06 PM.
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

I have heard good things about BTS, but I want one stop shopping / full service. Any problems I know where to take it back to. Hey you build it you put it in you serviced it and it’s not right. Please fix it right. The Tranny shop I am going to repairs all of the Cal Fire (CDF) and they are very happy with them

How do you feel about External Remote Filters?

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...kit-p-943.html
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
            I have heard good things about BTS, but I want one stop shopping / full service. Any problems I know where to take it back to. Hey you build it you put it in you serviced it and it’s not right. Please fix it right. The Tranny shop I am going to repairs all of the Cal Fire (CDF) and they are very happy with them

How do you feel about External Remote Filters?

http://www.puredieselpower.com/catal...kit-p-943.html
            More filtration is better as long as it does not restrict flow...

I have an Aux filter for coolant, but not one for the Tranny...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

CDF....just a stock motor so a quality trans rebuild is fine..but not for a big HP motor

extra Filters Not needed...

You really don't have room for a 6.0 cooler if your planing on ever having a IC...

Just a FYI my '97 has 450hp and over 900tq to the ground and I have built OBS's to 600HP...
              Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by CT Performance Inc. View Post
                If your keeping your truck..and thinking about modding it I hope your looking at a BTS, last trans you will ever buy or JW trans..

Deeper pans are a waste of $, just use a 4r SD trans pan with the drain plug. Drop it every 30k miles new filter and add 8qts fluid thats all thats needed.

Cooler use Tru-Cool MAX transmission cooler mounted behind and on the front bumper, run into the rad cooler first then this one....

# LPD47391 Tru-Cool 40,000 GVW rating, 45,000 BTU rating
                8 1/2 x 22 3/4 x 1 1/4 with 3/8 inverter flare (fittings are included for thread to hose barbs)
                X2 on the BTS, once you buy one it will be the last. Big improvement over the factory E4OD in all aspects. I also have the big tru cool max on my OBS like above mounted below my intercooler, works great. I also have the mag-hytec on my tranny, I noticed a decent amount of temp drop with that alone. I got a good deal on mag pan otherwise I would of went with the SD pan and got a little more capacity and having the drain plug. Just my .02 cents..
                Last edited by twisted 66; 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X