Half cab ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half cab ???

Ha guys i have been lerking here for some time and thought i had better start asking the ? that i cant find answers too. Ive been looking to buy a bronco for a wile and had a quick question on the half cab's. What is going on behind the seat? If i wanted to buy a full hard top and run that instead would there be sheet metal work to be done with the divider behind the seat or is it more like a insert that comes out?? this is what i have been lookin at.

Re: Half cab ???

there is a bulkhead there. I believe it is removable too.

http://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/produ...ord-bronco-new
    Last edited by kwspony; 05-06-2012, 06:58 AM.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

That's what i thought i just don't know if it is welded, rivet, glued ect thanks for the quick response, Mike

Comment

Mine came with a full top and the bulkhead in it. It justs unbolts
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

my blkhead was welded and bolted, by the previous owner. not too hard to take out, the plus side is if you dont want the half cab top they sell fast for more money than most full tops,

Comment

The bulkheads are bolted in and come out easily. Or just leave it in and take the half cab top off and put a full hard top on. No problem.

Comment

Cool, thanks guys

Comment

This is my plan right, see what u guys think
                I have a chance to get 2 broncos in trade for my samurai. The half cab in the prev pic and this

owner says this is what the white one has,

The things I can think of off the top of my head are ARB lockers, 513 gears, I believe cryogenic froze, CTM front axels, I believe Curry rear axels. 435 truck 4 speed. Warn premium hubs with fuse lock. James Duff ultimate 5.5" lift. 351 Windsor. Probably less than 2500 miles on it.

Pretty much everything i want in a bronco.
                The plan is to put the straighter half cab on the beat white running gear or other way around . Witch ever looks like the way to go when i get into them. Hopefully this will turn in to a build trend

Oh ya they are in Montana . He can bring them to Reno for some cash. But i would rather go get them. Any of u guys know of anyone with a bumper pull trailer that i can tow both at the same time. Thought i would ask. Thanks, Mike
                Last edited by rockslut; 05-06-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Need a pic of the Sammy
                  After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

you asked for it Brian,

Comment

That looks like a nice built Sammy

Comment

Thanks Brian. I hope i can get ya to say the same thing about a e-bronco this time next year. Now im kinda lookin at this one. Anyone know about it,

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2998158868.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                          That looks like a nice built Sammy
                          X2 . Sammy's are cool
                          75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Originally posted by rockslut View Post
                            Thanks Brian. I hope i can get ya to say the same thing about a e-bronco this time next year. Now im kinda lookin at this one. Anyone know about it,

That Bronco looks very very familiar, like it may have been at Jerry's BBQ back in 09 possibly. As I recall its in pretty rough shape and the picture seems to show that too. It is reasonably well equipped though, not a bad starting point anyway, price is reasonable too.

Your Samurai looks pretty cool too - they're just a little small for my style of wheeling (in other words I'd never fit all my camping gear, etc in one).
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by rockslut View Post

Local Guy, Been at Jerry's party a number of years. He wheels it... and that is a great price for what is in it... Why am I drawing a blank on his name? It is on Classic too.
                              Doug
                              Last edited by 904Bronco; 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM.
                              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
                              X