5.0 intake into cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.0 intake into cab?

anyone ruinning their intake into the cab area? I am curious how annoying the noise is on these motors is

Re: 5.0 intake into cab?

If you like loud hissing noises it would be ok. I actually thought about doing it but decided not to. I think that's more for a rig that will be spending most of its time in mud and water... You could start your bronco and stand next to the intake to see if it annoys you....
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

that jet engine like sound is pretty annoying to the open filament I have. Wasnt sure if it would be any quieter running through some tubing/air box.

Comment

A lot of OEM air intake systems have mufflers and baffles that just like an exhaust muffler help to cut down on the noises that the engine makes on the intake side. Of course those intake mufflers and baffles are much more restrictive than a smooth tube and cone filter so there are some power sacrifices for reduced sound. But you may still be able to use some components like an OEM box along with smooth tubes and elbows and a good filter and have the best of both worlds. Something kinda quiet but that still flows enough to feed your engine.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

NO Way... Exhaust and tire roar is enough for me...
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
            NO Way... Exhaust and tire roar is enough for me...
            Ditto! But here's how they did it on Big Oly
            ...as seen at FFF 2011
            Attached Files
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Working...
            X