ARB pressure switch wrench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB pressure switch wrench?

Checking over my ARB ccompressor last night and found a minor leak that is enough to be annoying. It's the center pressure switch between the silanoid (sp) switches. It needs to be tighten more, but it does not have a regular hex headed shape for a common wrench. Here is a pic. It's not mine, but it is the same compressor. I rather not grab a channel lock or vise grip and make it ugly and tight. What have you used? Is there a special wrench?
    Attached Files

Re: ARB pressure switch wrench?

adjustable wrench and don't for get to put some thread tape on all of the air fittings.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
      adjustable wrench and don't for get to put some thread tape on all of the air fittings.
      So it looks like the solenoids need to come off to tighten the pressure switch. Dang!

I did remember it's Metric! Maybe the neighbor has deep metric sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesenip73 View Post
        So it looks like the solenoids need to come off to tighten the pressure switch. Dang!

I did remember it's Metric! Maybe the neighbor has deep metric sockets.
        If he doesn't I do. Just let me know and I can bring them over with the BB-Q.

Comment

Yes, there is a socket for those pressure switches. You can find them on eBay and I'm sure many other online sources for a few dollars. In town... I'm not sure, maybe a big truck dealership or a really good tool store which can be difficult to find...
          Last edited by Efibroncoman; 05-03-2012, 04:42 PM.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

want to say 17mm twelve point work here...
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Update: went back to my own toolbox and brought out the 1 1/16 6 point deep socket. It worked. half twist and it holds great now! Thanks all.
              I think the bronc is ready for BDM12. Now just need to fill up the fuel tank. Ouch!

Comment

Working...
              X