Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axle full width

Okay folks I need to shorten My Dana 44 and also buy new gears
    Any body know of a good shop they would recommend around the sac or Stockton area thanks Evan

Re: Axle full width

For shorting Kickassoffroad. http://www.kickassoffroad.com/ Link to Axle stuff http://www.kickassoffroad.com/kick_a..._final_008.htm

Performance Cryogenics
    6730 Garden Bar RD
    Lincoln, CA 95648
    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 05-01-2012, 12:17 PM.
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I second Dean at Performance Cryogenics. Good guy!

Comment

A friend had a D60 narrowed at Foothill Offroad in Auburn years ago. Awesome work, fully custom axle, but pricey.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

River City Differentials did mine for $225 that included shortening the old axle and resplining.
          Last edited by 75BRNCO; 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Kind of had a bad experience at river city so im thinking of trying Performance Cryogenics

Comment

Originally posted by country_boy_72 View Post
              Kind of had a bad experience at river city so im thinking of trying Performance Cryogenics
              We drop 4 axles off to him on a Fri. 1 set shortened each end other set shortened 1side only. He called on Wed and said they were done. When I had my set aligned they said he did a good job of lining everything back up, And I got my Knuckles rotated for free
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Okay sounds like the way to go thanks

Comment

You care to share?
                  They set up my FW 44. I've used them before with no problems but on this job they either didn't put new seals in or damaged the seals because my axle seals are leaking. I've gotta tear it down and put new seals in on a completely new rebuilt diff. A little irritated. I brought them hot tanked housing, carrier and axles and they set up the new gears, ARB and assembled everything. Except seals I guess?!?!?!?! WTF? I'll know more once I get these seals out just what they did or didn't put in. Could be a case of bad seals but unlikely.
                  sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

Originally posted by FLYINHIE View Post
                    You care to share?
                    They set up my FW 44. I've used them before with no problems but on this job they either didn't put new seals in or damaged the seals because my axle seals are leaking. I've gotta tear it down and put new seals in on a completely new rebuilt diff. A little irritated. I brought them hot tanked housing, carrier and axles and they set up the new gears, ARB and assembled everything. Except seals I guess?!?!?!?! WTF? I'll know more once I get these seals out just what they did or didn't put in. Could be a case of bad seals but unlikely.
                    why wouldn't you take it back to them and have them fix their work?
                    '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

I just want to get it done. Don't want to wait on anybody. I'm trying to get the wiring, front axle seals and other misc items done for a little shake down run coming up in a few weeks.
                      sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

FWIW:
                        Stay away from the china 2 piece seals. I didnt have very good luck with them. Now I'm running spicer seals and they are holding up fine.
                        {o===o}
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                        Originally posted by CityHick
                        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

bad experience was..... Found the shop but it seemed like a shady operation. I was not happy with the customer service.
                          I ended up going with performance cryogenics. They are good people fair prices.
                          Any ways i apologize for the hill billy jargon. i wouldnt want to give Country Folk a bad name.
                          Last edited by country_boy_72; 05-17-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

bad experience was found the shop but it seemed kind of shady now sign on the building people werent friendly just didnt want to leave my axle with them i ended up going with performance cryogenics great guys dean is awesome picking my axle up tomorrow really good prices also

Maybe I'm getting old, but what happened to basic punctuation? Don't mean to flame you bro, but I had to read this about five times before I understood it. At least I think I understand what you were trying to say...
                            '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Originally posted by JusticeJMB View Post

Maybe I'm getting old, but what happened to basic punctuation? Don't mean to flame you bro, but I had to read this about five times before I understood it. At least I think I understand what you were trying to say...
                              Haha! Got it in 3 myself. I'm with ya.
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                              X