5.0 EFI intake ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5.0 EFI intake ???????

the trickflow manifold is a tight fit, if you have tall rocker covers then you need to run an intake spacer, if you don't have a body lift you need a hood scoop or cowl hood, clearance is tight with the master cyl. I had one, and now have a ported and polished cobra manifold which fits a ton better all the way around. The power with the trickflow was wicked but band was noticeably higher....just so you know, but you may already have all the clearance issues taken care of already

Comment

I have a 2" body lift and fiberglass hood scoop so fitment shouldn't be an issue. The power band is what I was wondering about. I know that Desktop dyno isn't real accurate with HP numbers but it is saying my 408W will be around 349 HP/ 530 lb.ft. with a 35-349-8 Comp Cams roller cam. I might try using stock parts and the BC adapter first and porting it slightly....
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

the extra cubes will help bring the power band back down, I ran it on a 302 so the band jumped up but I don't think it will be unreasonable with your setup. That intake will be a big restriction point on power for your motor. I can see if I can maybe dig up a picture of it installed. It was completely drivable and wasn't irritating. switching to the cobra dropped the torque curve down but you probably have some torque down low to spare and you will still probably gain more torque down low than you would have if you didn't switch....you got that big engine for a reason

Comment

Working...
        X