ARB uhh What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARB uhh What?

I've got my air system plumbed and have been running wire. I ran a jumper wire from the battery to the air compressor to charge the system and check for leaks. I can't charge the system because air leaks out of the back exhaust port of the solenoid for the ARB. It is supposed to exhaust air through this port when the Air Locker is disengaged. I've checked operation of the solenoid and it is working fine. Ssoooo what am I missing? How does the system stay preasurized if it's constantly losing air from the solenoid exhaust port? I know it's waaayyy simple and I just for some reason can't see what the issue is. What did I miss?
    Oh and just so I'm clear,(it's been a long day and my bald head isn't used to the sun yet) the ARB is engaged when the line is preasurized correct. Therefore there should be no preasure in the ARB line until you accuate the solenoid?
    Last edited by FLYINHIE; 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM.
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Re: ARB uhh What?

make sure there's no power going to the solenoid and make sure your at the right PSI rating. if that don't show a change, you probably have the solenoid plumbed wrong or the solenoid is bad. was it new?
    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Sounds to me like the supply line is in the delivery port, but if you've already double checked plumbing pull it off and run it on the bench with battery and rubber tipped nozzle to simplify it and determine if the valve is not working correctly (could be leaking internally with cut or rolled seal or o ring)

Comment

Originally posted by jonasd View Post
        Sounds to me like the supply line is in the delivery port
        HEEHAW
        I'm a jackass. As soon as I read this I went into the living room where my wife is sitting and told her to kick me square in the balls.

Thanks T.

Comment

Did she???
          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

You have the solenoid on back wards. undo that little thumb screw on the top of it and flip it around.
            They are marked on the sides of it, 1 on one side, 2 on the other. You have it wrong.
            It's also in the instructions
            Mark Harris
            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

1) Gusenta 2) Gusouta These are technical terms from the military.
              Just a stock 1966 U13, 170 ci 6 cyl, no kiddin'.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                You have the solenoid on back wards. undo that little thumb screw on the top of it and flip it around.
                They are marked on the sides of it, 1 on one side, 2 on the other. You have it wrong.
                It's also in the instructions
                Ya I got that. Refer to the previous Jackass post. But thanks for rubbing it in.

Comment

Working...
                X