EFI air filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFI air filter

I am looking for some advise on air filters, I am putting together a EFI 351w, it seems like everyone is using cone style washable filters, I was thinking about using a Donaldson air filter from a 6.0 powerstroke. They seem to have great flow/filtering especially for a vehicle that is going to be run in dusty conditions. Is it a good idea or am I making things to complicated? Finding them used seems to be easy since people take them off and put on aftermarket ones.
    Build thread

Re: EFI air filter

The only problem I see with that particular filter is the SIZE. The one in my '04 6.0 was HUGE and I have no idea where you'd be able to stuff it under an EB hood unless you got really creative with the sawzall. I'm onboard with you're line of thinking though and recently was pointed toward this filter. It's a Donaldson too (same exact composition as the 6.0 filter) just in a smaller, more EB friendly package. Even has the right flange opening for the MAF housing at 3.5". Planning to run one on each of my rigs once the EFI systems are in.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VNT-61510/
    Last edited by Fungus232; 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I was thinking I could lay it flat on the passengers side inner fender, and then sort out the plumbing. I have one on a 04 6.0 also, maybe I will snake it out of there and see how it looks in the bronco. That one from Summit looks like a nice filter........
      Build thread

Comment

It's actually made by Donaldson (parent company). Volant/ Donaldson = same thing. I think the 6.0 filter will still be too thick towards the front where the hood slopes down but what the hell! Give it a shot and see if the sucka fits!

Comment

Yeah, but it's ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            Yeah, but it's ugly!
            Haha, TRUE! However, I'll take ugly any day if it extends the life of my pretty engines.

Comment

If there is a downside to a bronco it is that there is not much extra space. A big air filter would fit just fine if I could get the battery out of the engine compartment! The only one I have seen was Patric's, but I want to be able to use my rear seat.
              Build thread

Comment

AIR TUBE HOSE and ELBOWS

Just want to post this link, I have used these guy's and am happy with what I got.

http://intakehoses.com/Merchant2/mer...vc?Screen=SFNT
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

here is another one
                  http://jagsthatrun.com/AirDucts_Order.html

Comment

Working...
                  X