68 with edelbrock efi on a 302...4.5 WH lift with 2 inch body 33 inch km2

Re: ballisticfab coil mounts

I used them.
    Good:
    -They came fast
    -Very solid
    -They look cool!

Bad:
    -They don't match bronco springs very well (I think they are made for jeep springs)
    -Even though the picture shows them, they didn't come with the spring retainers, I had to order those separately.
    -I ended up building a hybrid system but cutting down the factor buckets and welding them to the adjustable parts of the ballistic mounts. (if you need them I have the spring retainers and the upper part of the mount)

In the end I can't imagine a situation where I would actually want to adjust the height (1 inch at a time), but who knows.... I would say if you can find some of the 1978-1979 bronco/f-150 bolt on mounts and just weld them on you will be better off for a fraction of the cost.
    Last edited by pippinmader; 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM.
    Build thread

Comment

Well worth the $$$ IF, IF you can get them from them. Ballistic doesn't have the best reputation right now....
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

After I put mine on I decided to change my ride height. Worked really well. Company has gone through some changes, so hopefully they are better with there delivery.
        Last edited by earlybronco72; 04-13-2012, 06:18 AM.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Ballistic only said they went though changes, that's the law when you file bankruptcy and want to continue on with your business. I may be jaded as they owe a friend over 30k, but I'd never buy from them.
          Ruff Stuff sells similar things.
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I wouldn't buy from them.

Comment

As much as I hate Ballistic Fab... Those are pretty dam cool. I would love to raise my shock mount an inch or so.
              {o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

i look on ruff stuff but could not find them or anything like them. you would think after a heavy bumper and a winch it would come in handy
                68 with edelbrock efi on a 302...4.5 WH lift with 2 inch body 33 inch km2

Comment

Have them installed for the rear 4 link. Have them for the front, not installed yet.
                  Love them. I can get the height I need and still use the super flexy 3.5" springs with my 39.5's..
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                    Have them installed for the rear 4 link. Have them for the front, not installed yet.
                    Love them. I can get the height I need and still use the super flexy 3.5" springs with my 39.5's..
                    The tennis balls still look funny!
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I liked there design.. So had a friend copy the prints on his CNC plasma table.
                      And charged me a fraction of the cost.
                      See my build on CB for pics.

I'll never buy from.
                      1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X