Re Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Wiring

I'm moving some wiring around since I've got to do some wiring anyway for the compressor and new winch. One of my issues with my previous wiring job was that I just ran wires through holes in the firewall. Not clean and really not very safe in the long run. I came accross these plugs and thought they were cool.

http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/cat...ll-Plug-System
    Last edited by FLYINHIE; 04-11-2012, 08:45 AM.
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Re: Re Wiring

RJM injection has a weatherpack one that is pretty nice too. I 'think' you cen get it at del city also.

Comment

You can buy alot of rubber grommets for 89.95... Just saying

It would be cool...
      2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
      1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
      2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
        You can buy alot of rubber grommets for 89.95... Just saying

It would be cool...
        Hell I could duct tape and bail wire the thing together if thats the kind of rig I wanted.

Comment

Those are nice, but that's a lot of dough. I just tried to keep things grouped up as much as possible when I did my rewire. I only have 2 spots where wires come through the fire wall (not including spedo, heater and hand throttle cables). One at the stock location and one over by the passenger fender. Both use rubber gromets and the wire is covered with black braided split wire loom like this.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-F6-PLATI...c66170&vxp=mtr

Comment

Originally posted by FLYINHIE View Post
            Hell I could duct tape and bail wire the thing together if thats the kind of rig I wanted.
            Did not mean to piss you off, its your rig and you can put it together anyway you want... I have rewired 2 rigs and converted both to EFI and the grommets have worked for me.

Doug
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              Did not mean to piss you off,

Doug
              Woo it takes more than that to piss me off. Tone of voice is not conveyed through the keyboard. I'm trying to build a clean rig and found a nice product that would fix my f*cked up wiring job and thought I would share. I'm not pushing the product. If you don't like the price then don't buy it. We all put expensive shit on our rigs so to single one thing out over another is kinda ridiculous to me. Yup it's pricy, can't argue that point.

Comment

firewall feedthru mounts used to be the way to go but add another potential point of failure. I decided gromets and then add weatherpacs. I bought the amaxon deal and works out to about $1.03 per connection (includes cost of male and female plug/socket). What that means is if you had 5 wires to feed thru, this kit allows you to do 1 5 pin male/female, a 2 pin & a 3 pin male/female, or a 4-pin and a single pin male female connector, either way the combination ends up costing you about $5.15.

Delphi Weatherpack Kit-1104 Pcs NO TOOL
                by Delphi
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Grommets here with some old skool fiber putty on the engine side. This is on the 67 Luber, the trail rig just has grommets, engine heat keeps me warm in winter
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I like firewall disconnect plugs and I have a 4-pin connector sitting on a shelf that I've always meant to install in place of one of my current grommeted pass through points. Most of my wiring goes through a weatherpack firewall disconnect that I really like. Those connectors on your link are pretty spendy, I'd bet you can find them for less.

This being said my grommet pass through has been in place about 4 years and no problems yet. Both methods work.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Working...
                    X