Exhaust smells strong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust smells strong?

This is steming off of EFIBRONCOMAN thread and I didn't want to highjack his.

Someone mentioned exhaust smelling strong. When I start my rig up, you pretty much have to leave the garage. The exhaust is not black and the engine seems to run good. I thought it was strong because it doesn't have any cat and a straight through muffler. How much smell should be expected? What do i need to adjust? How can you check your A/F ratio?

Specs:
    Stock 94 351W EFI, RJM harness, A9L computer
    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 03-30-2012, 07:32 AM.

Re: Exhaust smells strong?

Don't forget, when you first start it up it's in open loop dumping fuel, it takes 10 mins (or there about) to reach closed loop. I'd be more nervous is you were saying it was watering your when it's warmed up.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

What if its watering your eyes?
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
        I'd be more nervous is you were saying it was watering your when it's warmed up.

Isn't that a real lean condition?
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
          This is steming off of EFIBRONCOMAN thread and I didn't want to highjack his.

Someone mentioned exhaust smelling strong. When I start my rig up, you pretty much have to leave the garage. The exhaust is not black and the engine seems to run good. I thought it was strong because it doesn't have any cat and a straight through muffler. How much smell should be expected? What do i need to adjust? How can you check your A/F ratio?

Specs:
          Stock 94 351W EFI, RJM harness, A9L computer
          Pull a couple of plugs (the easy ones to reach) and see what you got.
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
          X