zf shifter mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zf shifter mod?

for those of using a zf, Im guessing you have the same issue I am running into with my swap. The shifter is right in my lap!.....

what have you guys done to bend it, shorten it, etc?

Re: zf shifter mod?

I cut mine 99% of the way thru. Bent it over beloved and welded
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Is it still pretty tall in a bronco?

Comment

I cut the bottom off of the stock F-250 shifter and made a new shift lever using some 5/8" round tube that I found. Cut, bent and welded til I found the shape and length I wanted then welded a 1/2" NC bolt on top to thread a shift knob on. Works good!
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
          Is it still pretty tall in a bronco?
          Not to tall I don't think, I have a 2" B/L
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have a 3" BL and I used a gear banger with my zf.Works great
            sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

I have a 1 inch BL and I had to bend it and cut an inch out of the shifter to make the stock rubber boot work.
              Build thread

Comment

Post up a pic please. Mine is getting ready to go in a few weeks. By the way, if you bought the Advanced Adpaters kit and you want to use thier T-Shift bracket, don't cut the aluminum rib on the ZF. I didnt want to weaken it so I modified the bracket with a piece of angle iron.
                Attached Files
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

I run mine stock, yes it sits against the leg in second, but kinda holds me in the seat
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

are you talking about for your twin sticks spaceburger? If so, I have a solution for you.

Comment

Yes T-Shift Twin Sticks. I ground the rails when I resealed the T-Case. it works. Whatca got?

Comment

if that is what that bracket is for, then yeah, there is a much simpler way.

just grab those rear 5/8 bolt holes on the side of the tranny, run a bushing and copy the ORD shifters.

shoot, just went looking for the pic I thought I had, and its gone.

Anyway, this is what the shifters look like (ignore the bracket)

then I made a bracket that mounted to both holes on the side of the tranny (again 5/8 coarse). Then welded a 1/2 nut to that, and that was my shifters. I just yesterday to it all apart, and still have the bracket if you want it. Ill try and get a pic of it for you.

Comment

ya would have been way easier. I was looking at them seperate until I modified that bracket then put it together. I wish I knew. Oh well, it works.

Comment

I just used the original plate and shoulder bolt that came with the transmission and built my own twin stick shifter to work with that. I did end up cutting and modifying the rib on the tranny though.
                            Attached Files
                            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

thats the pic i was just getting ready to post, its a cut up factory bracket

if anyone is interested, here is what I came up with for my zf/klune/205 set up

Last edited by plug ugly; 03-28-2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X