Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taurus Fans...Two versions. Which?

Originally posted by Filgas View Post
    Looked back at my notes from when I was researching this. Pin 41 is for hi speed fan control. It goes to the fan relay ground pin. You can only control a 1 speed fan, and not all the EEC-IVs work. It is hit and miss with your ECM.
    Your response above is not in the context of using the "Quarter Horse" tuner, right?
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

It does not matter if it is the Quarterhorse, Tweecer, or a custom chip. Your program modifications still have to live within the capacities of the ECU. Only some of the EEC-IVs have the hardware on the motherboard to control a fan.
      1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

Okay. Just trying to learn. So your saying that only some have the hardware, and none have capacity for two speed? Kind of wanted two speed. I'll check my computer for that pin/wiring. If its there does that mean I have it? Or, does that pin exist on all computers but internal wiring must be included toofor it to function?
        Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM.
        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I realize this isn't specific to the Taurus fan but I do run a two speed fan in my Bronco. For years I ran a single speed controller (running the fan on the higher speed full time). That controller (Derale) burned up last summer and I upgraded to the Ron Francis 2 speed controller. It kicks the fan on the low speed 10 degrees below my set point (around 170) and bumps up to the high speed at around 180. It does cycle between high and low while I am driving but it runs on high speed more frequently than the low speed, especially on the trail. Just a little food for thought on a 2 speed fan...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

None of the Mustang harnesses will have a wire in pin 41. Inside of the computer, it will be one of the little electronic bits on the motherboard is either there or not. Other that hooking a wire to the pin and testing it's functionality, I dont know how to tell.
            1971 EB: 3.5" 4 link rear, wristed front, 2" body, 96 Explorer 5.0 EDIS EEC-IV, C6, Nissan PS, Hydroboost w/front disks, 4.88 9" w/spool, D44 w/ aussie locker, TRO, 37" MTRs

Comment

Working...
            X