Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roller Rockers need taller valve covers...and that means...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Rockers need taller valve covers...and that means...

Okay, I didn't know that roller rockers would not clear the stock valve covers...live and learn. Then I learn that getting taller valve covers means I need to add a spacer between the 5.0 Explorer intake manifolds to make them clear....great... More money. Okay, so...

1) Anyone have some Valve covers and a spacer?
    2) If not, how tall does the spacer need to be? Summit/everyone seems to sell a 3/8" spacer, and 1/2" spacer and a 1" spacer.
    3) Anyone have product recomendations for either the covers or spacer?

FYI...Hood Clearance is not and issue at all...body lift and fiberglass hood with rise built in.

Thanks
    MA
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Re: Roller Rockers need taller valve covers...and that means...

Hm. I used stock 89-93 Mustang 5.0 valve covers. Apart from having to clearance (bash in) the steel baffle at the bottom of the oil filler tube, they cleared my (Ford Racing) roller rockers just fine, no other spacers or special mods needed. Not only that, they only cost me $10.
    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

I have stock 5.0L Mustang valve covers with 7/16" stud aluminum roller rockers and they fit. I had to remove the oil filler baffle, but the rockers do clear....just barely.
      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I run stock mustang valve covers with my FFRP Roller Rockers with the oil baffel removed.

Comment

what is hitting? the brass 90* fitting for the vent on the driverside rear. My stock mustang intake was hitting my tall covers and I fixed it for like $3 and it fits perfect now. Let me know and I'll post some pics

running aftermarket tall covers over 1.73 skorpions
          Last edited by bent70; 03-23-2012, 06:25 AM.
          70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Gitty up! I'm sure I just need to do what you're all doing. The explorer's didn't cone close so I assumed I had to swap. I'll take a closer look. I'm using scorpion roller rockers. What are you guys running?

Thanks!!
            Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 03-23-2012, 09:13 AM.

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY View Post
              Gitty up! I'm sure I just need to do what you're all doing. The explorer's didn't cone close so I assumed I had to swap. I'll take a closer look. I'm using scorpion roller rockers. What are you guys running?

Thanks!!
              FRPP rollers. Explorer covers are way smaller than the OEM aluminum Mustang 5.0 covers.
              1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
              I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                FRPP rollers. Explorer covers are way smaller than the OEM aluminum Mustang 5.0 covers.
                Yeah...you cannot just cut out something to make them clear. Thanks!

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Working...
                X