2001 ford explorer (actually mountaineer) - whole vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ford explorer (actually mountaineer) - whole vehicle

This is a whole vehicle, you buy the drivetrain, you get a whole car! It is actually a mercury mountaineer, I bought it a couple years ago because it is a low miles ford 302 5.0 V8 with a good transmission and rear axle. I have been looking for a bronco or something else to swap it into, but I just haven't got it done and it seems like it is time to move on. 164,000 miles, runs great, has been sitting for a couple years, but with a new battery it fired right up. Transmissions is also good.

Body is really rough. I have the title paperwork (signed lost NV title replacement from last owner) but never swapped it into my name since I wanted it for parts.

I don't know what it is worth? They used to be common and fairly cheap, but now finding a low miles one is much more difficult. I am asking $1200 on craigslist, but am thinking $900 for a NCB member.
    Build thread

Tempting... It is the last year of the 5.0L... But must finish Betty first.

You might want to add if it is 4wd or two wheel drive trans to help the sale...

Doug
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

You're right Doug it was the last year of the OG 302, and is supposed to have the best transmission. It is a 4x4. I thought a "cheap" bronco would come along that I could swap it into, but I don't think those exist anymore, at least not based on my definition of "cheap" LOL
      Build thread

Comment

Working...
      X