Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Valve Covers

Don't want to but gotta sell 'em.

Bronco Script valve covers, one trip on them and extremely clean!

$95 (that's how much I got them for )

They are the black ones here:

http://wildhorses4x4.com/product/Bro...k/Valve_Covers
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Sean, I'll take'um if nobody else has pm'd you for them...

POPS
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Do they not fit your rockers?
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Do they not fit your rockers?
        Patrick had mentioned that they won't, but aside from that, he had also mentioned that the valve covers need to be "airtight" more or less, and prob won't be able to seal them up and have an oil fill...IF I can get away with using them, then I'd keep them.
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          Sean, I'll take'um if nobody else has pm'd you for them...

POPS

PM'd you.....

Comment

They will fit rollers if you put spacers under them, and I dont understand why they would have to be "airtight"... school the old guy that has built engines for over 30 yrs. PLEASE...

POPS
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              They will fit rollers if you put spacers under them, and I dont understand why they would have to be "airtight"... school the old guy that has built engines for over 30 yrs. PLEASE...

POPS
              From what I understand, in order for an EFI system to work correctly, the only "air intake" has to be from the MAF side and nowhere else, or the ECU does weird things....

I'm still learning and at an extremely slow pace at the moment If anyone has other info that I'm missing, please chime in. Oh yeah, where do you get those spacers you mentioned?

Comment

As long as any vents in the valve covers are plugged or run to the vacuum port off the TB they will work with EFI.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Summit has them, just looked at them. (sorry, I didn't link you) and yes thats why any PVC or anything else breaths through the air cleaner or somewhere else in front of the MAF... Your crankcase HAS to breathe and to my knowledge even EFI engines still vent through the valve covers...

POPS

Comment

There are two openings to the crank case on a stock Ford EFI engine. The PCV which is on the back of the lower intake it pulls vaccum from the bottom of the upper intake and the crank vent on the valve cover next to the oil fill plug which runs to the throttle body.
                    With this system any air that enters and leaves the crankcase is measured by the MAF sensor.
                    Last edited by highlander; 09-03-2007, 08:44 PM.

Comment

correct me if I am wrong,If you block off manifold and tb ports and vent crankcase to open air,shouldn't his covers work???since MAF isn't sensing anything extra???

POPS (learn me please)

Comment

You would also have to eliminate the PCV and the computer should work right but then you get the hot oily mist coming from the crank vents, just a little messy.

Comment

I ran 2 GIANT breathers on my 92 5.0 because it would push oil out the rear main seal when I hit the No2 (250 shot) I never had a problem with reading extra air. I dont see how the MAF would see this air seeing as it is in the intake track before the throttle body. Also my understanding is the only reason the PCV valve runst to the throttle body is to assist in in PCV valve movement and is not intended for crankcase ventilation.
                          Last edited by dirtboy488; 09-04-2007, 05:55 AM.
                          Damn it.... not again!!!!

Comment

The PCV valve runs to the upper intake (vaccuum port), the vent from the TB to the oil filler cap is to allow air to go into the crankcase. The PCV sucks air and blow by (90% fuel) out of the crankcase.
                            Last edited by highlander; 09-04-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Sent pm. I need a new set, running one steel and one aluminum right now. Had old trans mount get loose and rubbed a hole in one.

Comment

Working...
                              X