71 Lubr - For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 71 Lubr - For Sale

Posting it here first.... If you need more pictures that are not in the build thread, then PM me.

1971 Grabber Green Bronco
    The History that I have pieced together: It was originally sold in Oxnard California in December 1970 and then found its way to Pueblo Colorado in 1975. It was sold again 2008 to another gentleman in Pueblo, CO who had big plans for it. The Bronco was disassembled and a new motor was built and it never went back together. From that point it appears to have been sold for its parts and it became not much more than a rolling chassis. At some point thereafter (2014?), Andrew Norton of Baja Broncos, purchased the chassis and had it brought back to California for a project he was thinking about. I was able to purchase it from him in July 2015. It was a 2.5 year frame off resto-mod project. (I have the Marti report.)
    2001 Explorer motor with 100K on it. Heads were removed to get broken exhaust manifold bolts out, bolts were finally extracted by local machine shop, who also did a valve job. Main caps removed and bearings checked, all in good shape. New: oil pump, timing gear set, water pump, thermostat, hoses, exhaust manifolds, plugs/wires, sensors, and gaskets throughout.
    Engine wiring harness mods and ECU reflash done by EFI Guy. Engine retains EGR and has Charcoal Canister, with purge value. VSS/wiring added for Future Cruise control upgrade. (Not Done)
    Custom Aero 23 gallon fuel tank, that accepts Factory fuel pump (new) assembly for a 2001 Explorer, custom fuel line with Explorer fuel filter.
    Centech wiring harness on Chassis, Odyssey battery, custom Batt cables
    Explorer front dress, with new fan clutch and new Ford plastic fan, New WH's 3 row Radiator, Ron Morris aluminum fan shroud
    1999 4R70W, 2 whl drive tranny, completely rebuilt with shift kit, new Torque converter, AA adapter. Has Hayden trans cooler, separate from Factory style new radiator.
    T-shift D20 rebuilt by local shop. New drive shafts front and rear .
    Powder coated Frame, (with VIN numbers protected) Wild Horses 2.5 lift springs in the front, Deaver 3.5" leaf springs in the back. All suspension components new or rebuilt, fresh bushings, 1" body lift, Bilstein shocks
    Heavy duty 3,300 lbs rear end, nodular housing, 4:11 gears and Ford Trac-loc. New bearings and seals, Trac-loc rebuilt. Factory rear 11" x 1 3/4" drums
    Dana 44, 4:11 gears with Dana Trac- loc. GM front disc brake conversion. All new bearings and seals, all new greaseable ball joints.
    New BFG all Terrain 15 x 10.5 x 31 tires on new 15 x 7, (3.75" BS) US Mags. Has a new Cooper AT 15 x 9.5 x 29 tire mounted on a 15 x 5.5 argent rim for a spare tire.

Astro Van Hydroboost with EBay offset mounting bracket and bell crank assembly, new hydraulic hoses, with a cooler. 6-turn Factory Steering box, rebuilt, with BCB re-enforcing plate welded to frame. Rebuilt 1974 Automatic steering column, with Lokar linkage. (Was a 3 spd, with manual steering) New stainless brake lines, and extended steel braided brake hoses. Extended P-brake cables.
    Toltron LED back up flood set into the rear bumper. Hard Korr XD120 LED driving lights on front bumper. Hella H4 headlights, with relay kit. Custom Hella interior lights in hardtop. LED under dash light
    Retro Sound AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB ports, Radio. Retro Sound Amp, (4) speakers: 4" in the doors, 6x9" in the back. Scott Drake replacement Factory antenna
    Procar Classic Seats, with a Wild Horses center counsel, 3 point seat belts, with a single hoop roll cage by Cage Dave. Inside of tub has tinted Raptor lined applied, with custom carpet in back and a factory mat in front. Has a new rear factory rubber mat under the carpet to flatten out the ridges. Undercarriage has undercoating applied. (I have before shots to prove there is no rust hiding underneath) wheel wells also have undercoating.
    Dash and door panels powder coated, Speedo and gauge assembly rebuilt by Klassy Gauges in UT. New glove box, rebuilt Driver side air box, rebuilt fresh air Heater inlet, rebuilt heater box, with new heater core and GM motor/fan upgrade. Dynomat installed under the dash/firewall/cowl, 3M sound deadening pads applied to the inside of the doors.
    Grabber Green paint (original color) and body work completed by Dave Virga Customs. Inside of Hardtop Raptor lined white, with Tom's Bronco parts Tinted hardtop glass. The Hardtop is an early style as the original was missing when the Bronco was purchased. Bronco has original floor pans, both rear quarter panels were replaced (Cut way back for large tires), Has new a hood, new Passenger's fender as originals were missing. New rocker panels on both sides due to rust, bondo, and dents. Used doors were purchased and rehabbed as needed, (Pass door was reskined) with new hinges on both sides. (Missing when purchased as well)
    I am sure that there some things that I missed/forgot about... But, everything is practically new or rebuilt. I would not hesitate driving this Bronco anywhere. It has 2,600 miles on it since it was put back together. It was at the Tom's Rock and Roll event this summer and we drove it on the Crater Lake cruise. It has been at a number of the Wild Horse's Round up events, won 3rd place for Lubr Broncos in 2019.
    The only task that needs to be done is installation of the lower door seals, I just have not been happy with the quality of the replacements. I keep hoping that some manufacturer will make something that is closer to the originals.
    I am Asking $68,000.00 for it and I am kinda firm on that price. Not interested in trades, the Build thread is on Norcalbroncos.com "71 Lubr - Missing parts build"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170616_113543907_HDR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	374.9 KB
ID:	289245
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 08-23-2019, 07:55 AM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: 71 Lubr - For Sale

Such a cool rig.
    Good luck with the sale, somebody will be making a smart purchase!

Comment

That is a nice looking rig!
      Build thread

Comment

I saw this rig at the wh roundup. Pics don’t do it justice. Beautiful work of art Doug. Hope it sells fast.

Comment

I have dropped the price on this for the new year... For sale at $60K now. For those "Whats your Bottom Dollars?" guys, there you go.

Comment

Beautiful Bronco Doug! Someone is going to get a top notch Bronco. GLWTS.

Comment

Any bites on the bronco?

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                Any bites on the bronco?
                I have had all kinds of Tire kickers, a few send me some more photos and a few give me you phone number so we can talk Bronco... And then they don't?

Even got hit up by a major Midwest Bronco restorer, who wanted to talk, and then didn't.

Comment

April is tax refund season. Maybe someone will get a big fat check from Uncle Sam and buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by onpier55 View Post
                    April is tax refund season. Maybe someone will get a big fat check from Uncle Sam and buy it.
                    Maybe.... It will be at the Round up this year for people to see, then BAT is next...

Comment

Doug... Have you put on the Early Bronco Classifieds Facebook group?

Comment

Originally posted by 70 Steed View Post
                        Doug... Have you put on the Early Bronco Classifieds Facebook group?
                        Skip, I have it one one of the Facebook pages... (National) Similar experiences as listed above... D.

Comment

Pending Sale....

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Sold >>>> Staying in CA, moving North
                              Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-22-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X