My Observation on NCB Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Observation on NCB Meetings

When I first joined NCB in early 2006, there was a Jan meeting, a May meeting, a couple of runs, and another around Nov.
    In 2007 it was about the same until TBSPops went and started this whole Broncotober Fest at the Yeltsin Ranch. Don't get me wrong, it was a great party!
    In 2008 I think Daddy4Zach had a thing, there were some small runs, a beer thing in Morgan Hill, the Littlefield run and then Broncotober Fest at the Yeltsin Ranch. I attended that one too...and it was a real shitfacer!
    Here we are in 2009 and it seems like ever since TBSPops started having these real shitfacers, it seems like everyone kinda just waits for those. Is that the way you guys see it? Is TBSPops a bad influence? Should we sequester him for 11 out of 12 months (except for Broncoctber Fest 3)?
    Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Re: My Observation on NCB Meetings

Sounds like you need to throw one instead relying on others to provide your entetainment...lol
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
      Sounds like you need to throw one instead relying on others to provide your entetainment...lol
      Yeah! We'll fill up your cul-de-sac with loud obnoxious Broncos and have a "real shitfacer"...

I tried to put together a meet-n-greet a couple of years ago that fell apart quickly. Nobody was to blame, but I think to have a real successful gathering, you need a good venue and Pops has raised the bar by getting rocks delivered to his property and filling up a mud pit. Having multiple acres is a real advantage over those of us who just have a fraction of an acre... However Fordcore's gathering at the Livermore Airport was fun too.

This being said, if anybody wants to meet up at Carnegie, Hollister, Frank Raines or Prairie City, I'm getting pretty close to being ready for such a run. Preference for me is given to venues closer to Livermore until the weather starts warming up, but once it does I'll be willing to go just about anywhere within a 4 hour drive given proper notice!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

look at Pops sig, nuff said...

Yes Pops hosts a great get-together that can draw (location wise) a good crowd of really cool Bronco peeps. There are always the runs and garage get togethers. Two cool runs this summer coming up. Add to that the 'lets go now runs' Spring is coming, post up a time and trail
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

How about a early spring snow run up to Pollock Pines, aka Iron Mtn road, aka Mormon Imigrant Road...
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

I'll be having a BBQ sometime soon. All I have though is a Cul D Sac and maybe Pops RTI Ramp.

Yup, he's involved in everything.

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I don't have any dates yet, but mid to late this summer, Highlander and I are going to put together a Dusy Eirshim run. And of course, all NCB peeps are invited!

Comment

Woo Hoo
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                  Woo Hoo
                  Yeah, what he said! Sounds like a great run.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I like the idea of wheel'n with our southern brothers. And not just becuase i can drop the wife off with her college friends i.e I get to do what ever I F'n want at that point.
                    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Spaceburger, It only took 4 months and your on the verge of really screw'n yourself off the X-MAS list!!! thats all I have to say...
                      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

I havent slept much in the last four days due to work and kids, so I'm a little slow (er).......
                        Was the point to this that we need to meet and have "play dates" more or was it just to point out that POPS has the coolest get togethers????
                        73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by firecat View Post
                          I havent slept much in the last four days due to work and kids, so I'm a little slow (er).......
                          Was the point to this that we need to meet and have "play dates" more or was it just to point out that POPS has the coolest get togethers????
                          Yes!

Comment

Yes Yes Yes

Comment

Yes X4 Pops has the best thing going and in the mean while a Dusy run would be cool....and so woulkd filling up the culldesac with broncos! so pops...about that christmas list...we can mke this a yearly thing!
                              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X