Coastal Run to Capitola?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal Run to Capitola?

Yesterday, we took a trip to Capitola via Alice's in San Mateo County. Was a lot of fun. There is a car show this coming weekend in Capitola and want to do that run again! It was just a little over 100 miles. We started in Sunnyvale, went up HWY 9 to Skyline to Alices. Had lunch then down the other side thru Pescadero and out onto HWY 1. That's about 35 miles north of Santa Cruz then on to Capitola. I'm planning on another trip Saturday. I'm sure the car show will be cool but certain that parking will be non existent for a group. That being said, nothing say's we can cruz through then find a local watering hole with parking.... Are there any interested parties? I can make a list of interested people and put a plan together with suggestions of ending places to quench our thirsts...

Brad

So Far:

14Justice Brad +1
    CityHick Tony
    Last edited by 14Justice; 06-02-2014, 04:36 PM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Coastal Run to Capitola?

I think I'm free Saturday and that sounds like a good run. Tentatively in!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Man, that sounds like a great trip Brad. I bet if there's no room to park, they'd happily put your Broncos right in the show! Broncos are actually really hot items at car shows these days. Very popular with the car crowd.
      You talked to Steve yet? I assume he was with you on the previous trip? If so, he'd be primed and ready to do it again I bet.

Either way, have a great time.

Oh, any of you that just happen to have recently restored Broncos (Steve and Brad) should check the torques on all suspension and steering fasteners before another trip like this through the mountains!
      Kind of like a "tech session" event before the main event.

Just sayin'...

Paul
      Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
      www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
      68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

I would love to meet up with you guys, but I'm working on Saturday. The family and I might try to make the car show on Sunday.
        Kyle
        Aptos
        1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

Anybody else planning to go?
          What's the plan? Brad were you thinking of entering your Bronco in that car show or just pass through? Let me know what time you're looking to hit the road and where to meet up.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Working...
          X