PC this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC this weekend?

"Just thought I'd post that I plan to hit Prairie City for a few hours on Saturday, in case anyone else is in the area. Sometime mid-morning most likely."
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Well I did make it to PC on Sunday. Not a lot there but good for testing things out. Mostly just a big pit w/a "trail" that runs around the perimeter of the 4x4 area. Rest of the park is for ATVs and motorcycles. Anyway, the Bronco did well but I realized I've got some slop in the front driveshaft CV joint. Time for a rebuild I guess.

I also realized I need a tow rig!!! I drove up to Truckee afterwards to pic up an engine and rollbar from a guy and about 25 miles from home got a wicked vibration, thought I busted an axle or driveshaft, but it was the rear wheel. The wheel lugs must of been stripped and allowed the lug nuts to back out and then hogged out all the holes on the wheel. Almost lost the tire on the hwy at 60!

Of course no spare tire with me and no spare lugs besides so the free engine and $20 rollbar ended up costing me over $100 in gas and a taxi home. Got her fixed today and home safe. Here are pics of PC and of the damaged tire.

Last edited by ric9469; 11-20-2006, 10:35 PM. Reason: Added pics
    rich
    '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
    '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
    "Semper Paratus"

Geez...I just noticed that you posted pics in this thread. Looks nice and soupy. Bummer you had a breakage day. I can't go to PC without thrashing something or another. Is your front bumper from Silly Fab? Looks sweet.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Delta, that is Sillyfabs old rig.
      Hey Rick, if you are ever in the PC area and have a problem you should have refered to the Bronco Buddy Trail help list - sign up and keep a copy in your rig. I am 20 minutes down the road and may have been able to help. Just FYI. FM
      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
        Delta, that is Sillyfabs old rig.
        Duh. I saw the pics in the drainage ditch...nice freaking rig meng...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey fellas,
          Just catching up on replies. Yes as I understand it this rig was built by sillyfab. I picked it up from the kid he must of sold it to. It's been a great rig so far, aside from some maintenance type issues I should attend to before thrashing on it. I just installed chrome moly axle shafts in the front D44 and am rebuilding the front driveshaft. Also replaced a missing transfer case mount. Just need to go through and tighten things up again.

Thanks for the tip Familyman, I'll check into the trail buddy thing right now.

Regards,
          rich
          '72 Bronco (road worthy trail rig)
          '66 EB, mostly stock (sold )
          "Semper Paratus"

Comment

PC this weekend

Sweet mike Sounds like a nice, productive weekend to me bro. Aside from the inlaw thing, Im sorry to hear about that LOL....unless you actuallly get along with them.

Comment

Re: PC this weekend?

?? '06 post?
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Re: PC this weekend?

Looks like
                GafstaltGar has got to go.. Spammer bitch.
                KK6DAD
                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                X