.330 AAC blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .330 AAC blackout

So I am thinking of purchasing this upper from my buddies shop. They seem pretty cool and the ballistics are killer Do any of you guys have one?
    They flex like a boneless hooker

Re: .330 AAC blackout

.330 or .300? I have never heard of .330 blackout but .300 blackout is the new fad round. I don't have one but they say good things. Then again the Internet and gun industry in general is all about the latest and greatest.
    Search two things:
    Price of factory ammo
    And
    Price of brass for reloading
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

HA, my fat fingers hit it too many times. The .300 is what I meant. I have a progressive press so I reload a lot of ammo. From my understanding all you do is cut down the .223 brass to 1.368"- 1.348"
      They flex like a boneless hooker

Comment

I think this is an interesting development, but I also think it is kind of funny that the latest state of the art round for the AR platform has the ballistics of a .30-30

Comment

If you really want something different but "better" than 5.56, look into 6.8 spc or 6.5 Grendel or creedmore

Comment

The latest fad is a sub-sonic .300 or even better, a .338. There is a .338 Whisper and another .338 version out there. Larger case, needs a 6.5 bolt. Very quiet but very much the close in type of round. What do you guys think?
            Last edited by Spaceburger; 02-27-2012, 07:04 AM.
            Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Sounds like the idea behind the Blackout was to use as much of the 5.56 platform as possible, including the bolt, as well as being able to switch from subsonic to supersonic ammo without changing the setup. Not sure if the others can do that.

Comment

That is the weakness of the .300 version. Limiting case size kills you if you want to add more powder and go up in velocity. Sure your not sub-sonic anymore but with the larger case you can get 2500fps on the 338's. That is wild! Your dedicating the upper to that caliber/chamber so what difference is it that your using a .65 bolt or a .68spc bolt face. The bolt stays with the upper. My book, go 338.
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Why shoot a round that is designed for subsonic use when silencers can not be obtained in our state?

Comment

Working...
                  X