transfer through sheriff's dept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer through sheriff's dept

I've been told you can do a firearms transfer through the sheriff's department instead of a FFL. Any body know if this is true? cheaper?

Re: transfer through sheriff's dept

Paging Stone Pony
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

It might be possible, I mean it is just a form for a DOJ background check. And LE are the only people who have the right to hold weapons ie store someone elses privately owned weapon (you see this in cases of domestic violance).
      However, I highly doubt that a LEA is going to go through all this trouble so that a citizen can own a weapon. Just saying.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

I know that Sac County won't do it.
        Much of the department uses Bob Snellings (916-833-9771) for personal transfers.
        Very easy to deal with.

Comment

My Sheriff's Office does not do transfers. If I read the Law correctly your not registering it locally your registering it with the state. Hence the DRO's/fee's process. Local L.E. has no way of knowing what firearms you own without checking a state database.

Comment

Snellings is retired, sold his business to two guys who are keeping it going.

Local LE can't transfer firearms, they must go through a federally licensed FFL. Stupid state and Feds can't get together an people get nailed.

Pray for national reciprocity!

I'm an 03 FFL working on my 01/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Hozr View Post
              Snellings is retired, sold his business to two guys who are keeping it going.
              03 FFL working on my 01/07.
              That's good to know. Bob was great. Hope the new owners do his business justice.
              Good luck on your 01/07!!

Comment

Working...
              X