Sig 226

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig 226

Headed down tomorrow to pick up a new purchase. Bought a Sig 226 .40 cal. I've had a 228 9mm for a long time. Had a 226 9mm (duty weapon) and a 220 .45 (duty weapon). I carried the 226 .40 for a while on SWAT. The only thing I don't like about these weapons is the trigger. There is (IMO) to much play in the trigger group. Even after the sere reset there is slack before a positive connect with the trigger. I couldn't pass up this deal. $200 was almost a steal..
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Sig 226

A Sig 226 for $200? Wow! I wouldn't pass on that deal either had I found it first.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

I picked it up today. A real nice piece. Picked up a couple extra mags and cleaned it up. It made friends real quick and seems to get along with all the others in the safe...

Comment

I do love Sigs, but I agree that their triggers leave something to be desired. Even after the factory trigger lightening, or factory trigger on blackwaters. But for $200 I wouldn't have passed it up. I thought LE was exempt from the wait period? I wish my CCW exempt me from the wait period, wait no i don't because then i could pick up firearms at a whim.
        72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
          I thought LE was exempt from the wait period? I wis.
          Still needs a letter from the department. Not an automatic thing. In my case, it takes about a month to get a letter so it's not worth it.

For $200

Comment

Originally posted by Rockit View Post
            Still needs a letter from the department. Not an automatic thing. In my case, it takes about a month to get a letter so it's not worth it.

For $200
            I knew a memo was needed I just didn't think the politics of it all was so bad. FUBARed like the rest of us. Has any LEO just tried a blanket letter like instead of case by case basis it could be year to year. God help us all if common sense ruled the world.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
              I do love Sigs, but I agree that their triggers leave something to be desired. Even after the factory trigger lightening, or factory trigger on blackwaters. But for $200 I wouldn't have passed it up. I thought LE was exempt from the wait period? I wish my CCW exempt me from the wait period, wait no i don't because then i could pick up firearms at a whim.
              We are, but had to wait for the gun to get delivered to the dealer from the previous owner.

Comment

I really like Sigs. My duty weapon is a 226 in .357 Sig. 200 bucks? Nice score!
                77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

Working...
                X