New plinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New plinker

Just picked up a Winchester Model 69A .22 to add to my safe. The price was right and couldn't pass it up. As much as I love to shoot my high caliber rifles and hand guns, I do enjoy the cheaper cost of the rimfire ammo... I'm not sure how many .22s I have now but sincerely enjoy everyone of them! Still own my very first .22 I got as a birthday present 40 years ago when I was 8. Shoots as good today as it did then. Winchester knew how to make them back in the day. I'm sure they still make some good ones today.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: New plinker

I also came into a 69a about a year ago. It shoots very well. The clip is a bit of a pain, at least mine is, it doesn't seat easily.

Comment

I will let you know. Haven't shot it yet. I might have an opportunity Friday as I'm going to be at the range with my AR (training day). Not sure I will have an opportunity or not. Mine seems to seat just fine but it may fit different when loaded. Mine came with two mags, not sure if one is for Long and the other is for Long Rifle.

Comment

{o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Picture requested, picture delivered....
          Attached Files

Comment

Just received a 10 round clip for mine. Doesn't seat any better than my 5 rounders (I think something is goofy with my rifle) but you have to change it half as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcdobson View Post
              Just received a 10 round clip for mine. Doesn't seat any better than my 5 rounders (I think something is goofy with my rifle) but you have to change it half as much.
              Bummer... I still haven't shot mine. A sin to say the least. When I do shoot it, I will let you know how it does and if the mag seats properly. BTW, where did you pick up the the 10 rounder?

Comment

I got the mag from a joint called Thegunsource.com but not real happy with them. Their web sight said they had them in stock but come to find out they only had one, so they shipped one and put the other on B.O. without telling me.
                I didn't find out until I called them to say I only got one. The packing slip says two but they asured me I was only charged for one and that it will be shipped.
                They are from "ProMag" and are #WIN-01. Some of the ads I've seen mistakenly show them for a model 59 instead of 69 which made them a little hard to find.

Comment

Working...
                X