Remington 700 design flaw kills people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington 700 design flaw kills people

Everybody ought to watch the CNBC special running about the design flaw on the Remington Model 700....scary stuff. I'll never own one.

I think the Savage Accu-Trigger is the best factory system today.
    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Re: Remington 700 design flaw kills people

I've had one for roughly 30 years. Fired many rounds through it and have had no problems with it unless it was operator error. Wonder if this is the norm or exception?
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Re: Remington 700 design flaw kills people

I watched it. When I was introduced to the 700 (M-40A1) we were taught to reset the trigger with the the weapon in "safe" before opening the bolt and ejecting a round.

The only time I have seen or heard an accidental discharge is when firing blanks from the M-40, never heard it during live fire, so that makes me think it may be more of a maintenance issue.

In anycase, it's something that should never happen regardless of the circumstances
      Brad
      Chico, Ca.

Comment

Working...
      X