Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunwerks LR-1000

I know it is kinda far fetched, but do any of you guys know somebody
    who has one of the Gunwerks LR-1000 long range hunting rifles?

Re: Gunwerks LR-1000

No.

These long range hunting rifles are becoming popular, but when you calibrate the scope to the rifle at long ranges, people need to realize it only works when the atmospheric pressure, air temperature and, to a lessor extent, humidity, are the same, not to mention wind.

Atmospheric pressure changes dramatically with elevation. We usually calibrate the scopes at a shooting range at low elevation at a reasonable temperature, then hunt game at high elevation in the cold. The point of impact changes quite a bit.
    70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

I know the custom turret knobs on those Huskemaw scopes you
      can get different ones for different elevations to help some of that.
      They also cover some windage, but I don't think they have anything
      to combat atmosheric pressure differentials...

Comment

Not one of those but my brother in law is selling this one..it will reach out! If your interested

M77 RSM MK II 375 H&H
        23" Barrell
        Bushnell Elite 3200 3-10X40 Scope
        Reload dies (never used)
        Sling
        Case
        Several boxes of ammunition
        $2295.00
        Attached Files
        Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
          I know the custom turret knobs on those Huskemaw scopes you
          can get different ones for different elevations to help some of that.
          They also cover some windage, but I don't think they have anything
          to combat atmosheric pressure differentials...
          The only thing you can add to compensate for atmosphere is trigger time.
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

The thinner the air, the less drag, the faster the bullet, the higher it hits.
            70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Backwoods View Post
              The thinner the air, the less drag, the faster the bullet, the higher it hits.
              The faster the bullet the flatter it travels or the farther it will travel before it hits the ground. The reason it hits higher is because it doesn't require as much compensation for elevation.

Which is precisely why you need to shoot at different elevations under differing conditions.

I have a couple of notebooks of "dope" changes for everything from Death Valley to Pickle Meadows in all types of weather. A lot of "Trigger time" to compile them thanks to Ronald Reagan and George Bush with a nod to Bill Clinton and George Jr.
              Brad
              Chico, Ca.

Comment

I need to study the art of doping a little more in my spare time.
                Problem is there hasn't been enough spare time for trigger time...

Comment

Originally posted by House View Post
                  I need to study the art of doping a little more in my spare time.
                  Check your PMs
                  Brad
                  Chico, Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by house View Post
                    i need to study the art of doping a little more in my spare time.
                    x2

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
                      I have a couple of notebooks of "dope" changes for everything from Death Valley to Pickle Meadows in all types of weather..
                      Hey Juggy, I'm up for a Bronco brother dope session - just finished building a SASS AR-10 - its ready for a serious run starting at 200yds with some fresh .308! Hey - maybe lets hit Reno Nov 5,6
                      Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                        Hey Juggy, I'm up for a Bronco brother dope session - just finished building a SASS AR-10 - its ready for a serious run starting at 200yds with some fresh .308! Hey - maybe lets hit Reno Nov 5,6
                        Gun Show?
                        Brad
                        Chico, Ca.

Comment

yup, lets get a group together and go.
                          Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

That could be fun!
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I might be up for that too... I hear the Reno show is the one to go to. The last one I went to was at the Cow Palace and it was terrible.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X