Just ordered one of these babies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered one of these babies!

Got some ducks in my front yard that are gonna get shwacked 1st! They prompted the order...

http://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-453-american/

CZ 453 w/ single set trigger (sniper type hair trigger), 11mm scope rings and Bushnell 3x9x40mm scope. Outta be a sweet little gun! Been out of the gun buying phase for a looooong time and excited as hell to get this puppy even though it's a measly lil .22LR...
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Re: Just ordered one of these babies!

Sound like fun, but aren't you on base? LOL

Comment

Nope! Load some CCI "CB" rounds and the neighbors won't even know I'm knockin' all the ducks off. Damn things crap all over my patio! My wife says I can't shoot'em and she's going to set up a barrier to keep them off the patio... Yeah right! 2 weeks to get a long gun permit out here so I told her she's got until I get it to try out her idea. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna be shootin' some ducks!
      Last edited by Fungus232; 06-22-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Looking for a 22 that is a good 1 to buy.
        Jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

All the research I've done Jack led me to the CZ. I wanted a classic lookin', reliable, accurate, bolt action .22 rifle and this is the one I came to. CZ makes several models that are excellent: CZ 452 American (scope only), CZ 452 Lux (Euro style stock and best iron sights you can get but it will take a scope if you want). This one is the CZ 453 w/ single set trigger which means you push forward on the trigger and it "sets" like a sniper or "hair" trigger. You can just rack the bolt and fire it like the 452 though as well.

Another great option was the Savage MK II (very cost effective and accurate). Just something about the looks of it I didn't like but that's just me. Still a great .22 for the money.

I've found that they're the same as Broncos though, depends on what you want to use it for and how much you want to spend to get there. I ended up with $750 into this one including rifle, scope, rings and shipping and that was OK to me considering I plan on shooting this the rest of my life. I wanted a solid field gun that can knock off vermin out to 150 yards and I think I'll have it in this one. Savage should be able to do the same for less money but I liked the looks of the CZ better and the "hair" trigger option for those long, static targets.

Each one, CZ or Savage has bull barrel or "varmint" options but I didn't want to pack the extra weight. Sporter barrels are just as accurate but bulls are a little better for bench shooting which I don't do. I might even buy one of the 452 Luxs down the line as I love to shoot iron sights too but need to get back on the Bronco stuff and let the cost of this pass out of my wife's mind before I jump into that ring...

Comment

Those CCI rounds sound interesting. Too bad my rear neighbor is so close... for what I lack in ducks, the squirrels make up for them.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

You can shoot those CBs Tony and they won't even know unless they physically SEE you. Seriously, they're more akin to shooting a pellet gun from a .22LR. They don't shoot well through an auto though as they're so short and jam on the feed and also don't have enough recoil to eject themselves. Need something you can feed them into one at a time (single shot or bolt) or a .22 that'll shoot shorts. My brother has my grand dad's Browning pump that'll shoot'em all day long.
              Last edited by Fungus232; 06-23-2010, 09:09 PM.

Comment

The other 2 top runners I had were the Ruger 77/22 and the Browning T-Bolt. Ruger was pricey and is said to not have a very good trigger out of the box. Browning seemed a little cheaper than the Ruger but not much. Paying for the name a little more with those two and I wanted a little more performance for my $$.

2 most reccommended were the CZs and Savage.

Honorable mentions were the Marlin 60 (I think) and the Charles Daly.

Plenty of old school rifles out there you can pick up used from gunshows or pawn shops that are tack drivers as well but not much in the way of gun shows out here and when I want something, I want it NOW! LOL...
                Last edited by Fungus232; 06-23-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

check out rimfire central .com lots of good info. also has afor sale section.
                  75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                    Those CCI rounds sound interesting. Too bad my rear neighbor is so close... for what I lack in ducks, the squirrels make up for them.
                    Mines Cats. I don't mined cats ,but when they start craping in the yard all the time. And I think the neighbor has like 10 and the other one just moved so 10+ just left town. Set the haveaheart I don't haul them off and I don't kill them.
                    Last edited by Bronco Brian; 06-26-2010, 07:36 AM.
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked this up Thurs! Beautiful wood and super solid. Mounted the scope and waiting to take'er out for a test run...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X