New Gun Laws Signed by Gov. Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Laws Signed by Gov. Brown

Hey Guys, Don't know if you are keeping up with all the new anti-gun legislation set to take effect on 1/1/17. For example AR's with bullet buttons will become illegal. Also all online ammo sales will be illegal. No more driving to Nevada to buy ammo. You can only buy ammo from dealers in California and pass a background check. This law will go into effect 1/1/18.

Here's a good resource for keeping up with how the new law affect you:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1214480

Re: New Gun Laws Signed by Gov. Brown

Wow that was fast. How do they stop you from getting ammo from Nevada. Is it like stopping drug sales from out of state?

Comment

Practically speaking it would be tough, but it's still going to be risky. They could stop you at the bug station and search you. There have been cases where undercover Ca DOJ agents patrol the Reno gun shows and observe people buying things not legal in Ca and follow them to their car and see Ca license plates. They then stop them at the border. I realize that not all ammo sales happen at gun shows but I wouldn't be surprised it they were patrolling Cabelas or Scheels.
      Last edited by 70 Steed; 07-03-2016, 06:21 AM.

Comment

So They will force good citizens to act like criminals. So topical for California. This is a state thing so I wouldn't have thought the DOJ would care. I'm sure ammo and gun sales are going through the roof again.

Comment

Originally posted by pipelayer View Post
          So They will force good citizens to act like criminals. So topical for California. This is a state thing so I wouldn't have thought the DOJ would care. I'm sure ammo and gun sales are going through the roof again.
          It's the California DOJ.

Comment

You have a year before it takes effect, stock up now...

Cabelas did not have any cheap 22LR and Sheels was out of stock... again. Was there today!
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              You have a year before it takes effect, stock up now...

Cabelas did not have any cheap 22LR and Sheels was out of stock... again. Was there today!
              That's because the panic buying has already started. Expect prices to go up and ammo shortages.

Comment

I had no doubt that it would Skip... Reloading might become more popular too...
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Does anyone know if the armaglock is a sure solution to make the ar15 ca legal
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

It's a little early to speculate given the law doesn't take effect until 1/1/17 but it seems that it will.

Comment

or go featureless....

Comment

You could remove the gas tube. No more semi auto. You'd have to pull the loading handle after each shot...
                        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                          You could remove the gas tube. No more semi auto. You'd have to pull the loading handle after each shot...
                          yea.....but thats no fun.
                          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                            yea.....but thats no fun.
                            But it would be more Hollywood... They cock their guns after every shot.
                            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Stocked up on all the parts for my builds already, ar, m10 etc, ammo mostly here in bulk now �� yup this sucks!
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X