glock 22 vs sig 226?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glock 22 vs sig 226?

I 've worked in law enforcement for almost 8yrs and have always used a Glock 22. I will be switching agencies soon and the use the sig p226. Ive heard going from the glock to the sig will be quite a challenge. Any comments?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: glock 22 vs sig 226?

IMO anyone can pick up a glock and shoot it well. When I first shot my p226 .45, I was worried I made a huge mistake! I went to one class with Phil Firearms Instructor at 925.778.1071...POLICE TACTICS & TRAINING class. The morning is for civilians and Police and the afternoon is for Police only. You will need at leaf three clips and 200 rounds but I highly recommend it! I am a Civilian but with some tips from some officers that shot the p226 was grouping tight within about half doz clips. This nice thing about this class is you get to rapid fire and move and shot targets after a while....The P226 is a super tight gun at first and only gets more accurate with use. After about 1500 rounds I feel it is the most accurate hand gun I have ever shot and IMO is a huge step up in reliability than the Glock.

Goodluck!
    John

Comment

Perry
      If all you have ever fired is Glocks than you are not going to feel comfortable at first. The DA trigger will feel heavy until you train enough not to notice.
      Is your new agency also running 40 cal?
      The heavier slide of the sig will recoil much softer than a Glock.
      Make sure the armorer has outfitted the pistol with an SRT trigger. Standard Sig reset is way to long for my taste. The SRT fixes that issue.

Personally, I do not favor Glocks, especially gen 1-3. I have meaty Glock bite hands... and the scars to prove I gave it try. Sigs are fantastic weapons that anyone with proper training can run and run well. My wife shoots my 226 9mm very well. I've stopped shooting my 1911s in favor of my 220.

I'd say draw as much ammo as you can from the range master and do holster and DA work. DA work..... Fire, decock, fire, decock, rinse and repeat. Strong support handle usually required to keep from drifting away from dominant side.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

My agency went from the G22 to the P226 in .357 Sig. I personally like the Sig better. I didn't have trouble adjusting to it. For me it was a little more accurate and feels better in my hand. I like the metal construction, not a fan of plastic, I guess I'm old school. My department puts Crimson Trace laser grips on ours and I added the TLR-1 Streamlight weapon light. The only thing I liked better about the Glock was carrying more rounds, 15 in a mag compared to 12 in the 226. Is it going to be double/single or double action only? Ours are DA/SA, you have to practice getting used to the heavy trigger pull on the first shot. I haven't shot a DOA Sig.
        Last edited by fordnut77; 06-16-2015, 02:33 PM.
        77 Ranger, 302, C4, 4.88's, Detroits, 35 spline 9", WH 5.5", 3" BL, 37" BFG KM2's on Walker Evans 17" beadlocks

Comment

My agency issues both the Sig and the Glock. I have shot both for years. I have carried both on SWAT and can shoot either effectively. (Don't want to toot my own horn) There is a difference in the weight and the most "SIG"nificant difference as mentioned already is the double action on the first trigger pull. One thing to think about is what Justin has already mentioned is the sear pin in the Sig. There is a lot of play after the sear resets until there is positive pressure on the trigger for follow-up shot. That takes some time to get use to. Once you overcome that, it should be a cake walk. I own both Sigs and Glocks. The 226 is a great gun and very solid. I own a 228 which is a smaller version of the 226 that they don't make any more. I have them in 9 and 40. I also own the Glock 17, 22 and now just recently a 43. It just takes practice to be consistently proficient in the two weapon systems. All that being said, I now carry my Marine Corps themed Colt 1911 rail gun. If you haven't caught on yet, I love guns and love to shoot. Best of luck with your new agency and your new gun... Brad (which agency?)
          1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

357 sig? Holy 90s flash back, I didn't think any dept was still running that cal. I love the idea of the round but as a tax payer, I wouldn't want to pay for it. Even at agency bulk rates, that has to cost a pretty penny.

Comment

Are you thinking 357 mag?

Comment

Nope.... 357sig was developed in the 90s, kind of a high pressure glamor round. It's a necked down 40s&w, pushing 9mm rounds really fast. For whatever reason everytime I think of 357sig or 440corbon I think of Beverly Hills Cop II.

Comment

I now what it is. I think it would be a good round for shooting a bad guy everyday. It's not like our government cares about costs.

Comment

357sig does make an excellent anti-badguy round but so does 9mm,40,45. 357sig is +/- $.80 while 9mm is +/- $.30.
                    I'm a training kind of guy, muscle memory and mindset are more lethal than any given caliber.

Comment

I'm more of a Glock guy. Used the Gen 4 Glock 22 with SWAT, and own the 3rd Gen for personal use. Great gun, the Gen 4 has an improved recoil spring to prevent jamming certain models had. But I don't think Californias can purchase the Gen 4 models still.

Only issues some people have with Glocks - No "traditional" safety, and heavy trigger
                      Last edited by demesauce; 07-10-2015, 09:50 PM.
                      1973 Ford Bronco: 3.5" suspension lift, 2" body lift, NP 435/D20. Holley Projection, 4.56 gears.

Comment

Working...
                      X