Lever actions-what do you shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lever actions-what do you shoot

Going to pick one up or order one this sat. Looking at the Marlin 1894 .44 and an Alaskan Chiappa 92 .44. The 357's are pretty much non existent which is what I'd prefer.I am a bit concerned about the post Marlin's (Remington) , but I'll give it a try. Post up some pics if you have em.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Re: Lever actions-what do you shoot

old 30-30 her, fun bush gun
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Marlin chambered in 44, love it

Comment

Good to hear. Do you have the JM stamp or newer model? Can't wait to get mine ordered. 5 more hours!
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans

Comment

Marlin 444. Great bison gun.
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

I have an old Winchester 94 ? 30-30 30 W.R.C. Any one know how I could find out how old it is. looking for a non pay site.
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have a newer marlin 44. The only reason guys don't like them is because of the "micro groove" barrel. Unless you shoot cast bullets then it isn't a problem.
              I love my marlin way more then my winchester
              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

The 20" barrel has the ballard type groove .

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                  I have an old Winchester 94 ? 30-30 30 W.R.C. Any one know how I could find out how old it is. looking for a non pay site.
                  Winchesterguns.com has a pdf with the serial number breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                    Winchesterguns.com has a pdf with the serial number breakdown.
                    Thanks looks like 1909 106 years old and shoot well
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Man it's hard to to go into a gun store and buy just one.

Comment

Wait you guys have gun stores in SF

Comment

With bullits and everything!! Actually San Bruno and Pacifica

Comment

Growing up as a kid, I shot my first Blacktail with my moms Model 94. She was deadly accurate with it and shot many deer with it. She passed away in 1996 and that gun is in my safe. My oldest son now owns it and we still use it on occasion. Great shooting guns. Marlin makes a great gun too. Lever action is making a great comeback. I would love to own a Henry 22 for plinking.
                            1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

Well except for our brothers in blue and those with greater than average expense fund; 2015 will be the year of the wheel-gun. Nothing pairs better with a 6 - shooter than lever action carbine.

Comment

Working...
                              X